SMB password prompt

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by keef_ca, Jul 11, 2016.

1. keef_ca

keef_ca New Member

I am using Win7 sharing a big directory of videos over SMB. Using Kodi (16.1) I can access the files with no password (as it should be). Using Media Center or Zidoo Theater I am prompted for a password. No password exists. Selecting Anonymous does not work.

I just got my x6 Pro today and it did an update so I should be up-to-date with everything.

thanks, Bj

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

do you have user/password for windows login ? also check in settings if you are on the same workgroup

3. keef_ca

keef_ca New Member

Hi
    Hi HaoSs. There is no Windows login. The Win7 box is in Workgroup. How would i check the workgroup for the x6 Pro?

thanks, Bj

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i know kodi has warkgroup settings. not sure about media center. Probably best thing to do is to get a android samba client. and add the share under android. then all the apps should be able to acces the shared files.

5. keef_ca

keef_ca New Member

I appreciate the help. I'll give that a shot.

thanks, Bj

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I've always solved the "Windows Share username/password" dilemma, giving to a windows locally defined user with a defined username and password the rights to access the share itself (read only or read/write, as you prefer).
    This user must have the (same) rights also on the folders pointed by the share.

Of course, after then, I always need to enter this username and password in any device that need to access this share.
    But is only once, then no more problems...