SMB not working

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by SimonW, Aug 31, 2016.

1. SimonW

SimonW New Member

try to connect X6PRO to SMB (samba) did not work, change to a different TVbox works perfect. Please fix software with the next update.

2. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

What program are you using? There's no problem with ESFile Explorer or several others I've employed to access SMB network files.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i use my x6 as a samba server for a hdd and i also connect to my PC share. so it works, we need more info. exact steps you made

4. Dmitry from Moscow

Dmitry from Moscow New Member

I agree with SimonW.
    I've got this device in October 2015 generally for the streaming videos from the NAS Synology through Samba. And the most convenient way to do this is using the Zidoo Media Center. Because other applications like ES File Explorer cannot be controlled from the remote so easily. At first access to SMB network worked fine. But with the new firmwares this function started to work worse and worse. Some of them needed to join the server and go out again in a few minutes to get access to the Samba files. On 1.0.40 the device just gives an unknown error. See the picture attached.
    So, please fix this bug operatively.

Attached Files:

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

It's probably a network error.
    Please check your network and your Samba sever settings and the firewall settings.
    On the side of X6pro, there is just a simple samba client which code have been used for years. We usually don't change it.

6. Przem

Przem New Member

I'm experiencing the same thing - it's not a network problem cause the ES File Explorer can connect and browse the SMB normally. It seems like the bug that was already fixed in 1.0.32 has returned and it is still present in 1.0.42

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

hard to tell when y could not reproduce de bug at all

8. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

9. Przem

Przem New Member

Unfortunately I'm not able to install the debug tool - I get "app not installed" after clicking the install button.

To HaoSs: Why do you believe I was not able to reproduce the bug ? As I mentioned it is possible to access and browse the SMB using the ES File Explorer - the issue is with Zidoo "native" file Explorer. It opens the SMB and shows the top level folders but when trying to actually browse one of them it gives "Unknown error".

PS. Not sure if it helps but my SMB is configured to allow anonymous login.

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i was talking about me. i was not able.

11. Przem

Przem New Member

Well for me it was not working from the beginning and I tested it on : v1.0.38 (original software that came with box), v1.0.39, v1.0.40 and v.1.0.42. I even made a factory reset after updating to 1.0.42 just to make sure it's not some kind of a remnant from the old firmware. On last thing that i can think of is that my server uses an old SMB standard implementation (I use Asus rt-n66u as my SMB server), but that does not change the fact it should work - especially that it does work with other android file explorers.

12. Andre Pascal

Andre Pascal New Member

I just bought nu x6 last week. Updates to the latest firmware buy i have the same problem with connecting with the smb protocol. I only get An error. With ZDMC connecting through smb works like a charme.