SMB Client in firmware 6.4.65 has serious bugs

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Z49845, Feb 13, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Z49845

Z49845 Member

I have a Windows 11 system with some shared disks which i want to use in HT4 as sources. The system is booted some minutes before booting the Zidoo.

Szenario 1:
    On each disk are two folders x:\video_n\movies and x:\video_n\tvshows, the folder x:\video_n is shared.
    In HT4 i define sources for the movies and tvshows on every share. So there are connections to n shares on the server.
    This work at the first look, but sometimes all sources are "invalid" after booting the Zidoo and the userid for connecting is locked out on the windows server. In the windows security log i can see many rejected logons, so the user is locked and disabled.
    The only way to resolve this is to disable this security feature on windows.
    Then i can reenable the sources in HT4 if i use "add source" to click on every share. There is no password asked so HT4 has the correct user and password!
    But sometimes after booting there are again all sources "invalid" and in the windows eventlog i can see many rejected logons.
    This is not usable!

Szenario 2:
    This time i make one share c:\share on the server and mount the disks on subdirectories under c:\share (NTFS Junctions).
    On the Zidoo i want to define sources like \\server\share\disk_n\movies and \\server\share\disk_n\tvshows . So there would be only connections to one share on the server.
    But HT4 can not see the folder "movies" under \\server\share\disk_n, only tvshows and "system volume information" are visible!
    If i create a folder "dummy" (or file) in c:\share\disk_n, then HT4 displays the folder movies, tvshows and "system volume information", but not the folder/file dummy!
    So HT4 and also Media Center ignores the first element on the mounted disk (NTFS Junction).

If i look at \\server\share\disk_n in ZDMC or in Totalcommander, i can see all elements on the share!
    So this is also bug in the Zidoo SMB client.

Test: what happens if i forget to turn the server on before starting the Zidoo?
    The Zidoo shows the sources as disconnected. But if i turn the server on the sources change to invalid. After a reboot of the Zidoo the sources returns to scanned state.
    If i look in the Security eventlog on the server then there are again many failed logon request from the Zidoo during the "invalid" phase.

So the questions are:
    - why uses the Zidoo sometimes a wrong user/password? There are many bad requests in a short time , so the user gets locked out and i have to turn this security feature off on the server. The Zidoo has the correct password because it never asks again for the password after the very first access.
    - why ignores the Zidoo the first element in the root directory of a disk mounted under the share (NTFS junction)?
    - HT4 is not reliable usable if more than one share from a server is used.
    - By the way: the Samba server is also a mess. Extremly slow writing with many files in a folder (like in .hometheater folders) and the windows clients can not see all files in these folders.