Smart phone remote control app

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Richard69, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Richard69

Richard69 New Member

There is no power button via this or the rii wireless remote.
    Please help

2. mackmontana

mackmontana New Member

Push the blue function or "fn" then the "enter" key. It's the same as hitting crl alt delete and will reboot it.

3. Richard69

Richard69 New Member

Thks. What about on the remote control app?

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Hi, there is no power button in remoter app. Sorry.

5. Richard69

Richard69 New Member

That is pretty pointless as you will still have to use the original remote. Could somebody ask the developers to include this in the next update?

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Even if we add a power button in remoter app, it will only be used to power-off, no one can make a power-on button because the the button depends on network. The network is also sleeping when the box is sleeping, only the IR receiver is waking.

7. Richard69

Richard69 New Member

Other devices I have that use a remoter app allow you to power on/off this way without any problem.

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

hm. not actually true ? when the device is sleeping. my USB attached HDD is usable over network . you can make a lock on the network to not go to sleep

9. Richard69

Richard69 New Member

Would be a nice addition to a good streaming box.

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Is NOT possible.
    One of the key features of X6 is the internal chip called PMU, that make X6 able to really power off almost all of itself, and turn it on through IR remote, because IR components and PMU are the only always power supplied and so working in X6 itself.
    Any (more or less) other part of X6, when off, is not powered, so how do you think any other kind of remote be able to "power on" when X6 is off?

Zidoo developers, please correct me if I'm wrong.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah. if the box is powered off. it should not work. but there is no reason for it to not work if the box is in stand by mode

12. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

ok, I admit it.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

most of us don't even shut down the box :p so yah. Don't add a power button. add a standby/wakeup button :)

14. vipin

vipin New Member

can we use iPhone 6 as a remote control zidoo6

15. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Can't yet. Only have android remote by now.

16. marmotta

marmotta New Member

Newbie question: I have a x9s and cannot use the Google android tv remote control app, it does not find the zidoo box. Before that I had another one where you had to enable remote control in the android tv settings menu, but I can't find anything in the x9s menus.
    Help would be greatly appreciated.
    It also seems that the box is somehow not recognized as a Google supported Android TV, e.g. when trying to install the Google android tv launcher, the play store tells me that none of my devices is compatible with this app (the same for several other apps intended for Android TV).
    Thanks!

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

that's because the box is not running android tv os . It's pure android.

marmotta likes this.
  18. illusion

illusion New Member

Replying to an old post, can you tell me how to configure this ? I would love to put my Zidoo on standby but still access USB HDD over network.

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there is no special configure. hold the red power-button. select standby from the 3 buttons menu that appear

20. illusion

illusion New Member

Hi , thanks for replying . I know how to put the box on standby but when I do my hdd sharing goes away . I want to know how to setup the network lock so that the sharing is still available after standby.