Slight delay hearing audio w/ Z10 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Six66Mike, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

I've setup a new room in my shed and just tested it out this afternoon. When I play a song through Media Centre, it misses about the first second of the song before audio kicks in.

The TV & Zidoo are connected to the Pioneer which runs to 2 Klipsh speakers for stereo sound. I'm guessing the delay is passing through the data from Zidoo to Pioneer, but is there a way to address it? If I change track the delay is on every song, not just on the first playback.

TV is connected via the eARC HDMI port. Zidoo is on 6.4.42 FW and connected to the receiver via Kordz PRO3 Passive HDMI cable.

2x Klipsch R-800F Speakers
    Pioneer VSX935 7.2 Channel AV Receiver
    Sony 65" KD65X80L TV
    Zidoo Z10 Pro

2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

If you hook up your Zidoo directly to your display, do you get the same delay? What is your HDMI audio out setting on the Zidoo? Does your receiver have a display mode that shows when it receives an audio signal and what it is? If so, does the delay in sound match the display changing to show the incoming signal?

3. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

I went direct TV to Zidoo and had the same problem. Audio on LPCM 2 Channel, I tested RAW & Auto but they had the same problem.

Just tested my Z9X and it has the same issue apparently, you can tell on Sweet Child O' Mine that it misses the first few notes and starts at 0:01 instead of 0:00. Played the same song on my PC through MusicBee and the file itself is fine, so it's not a bad rip that missed the intro.

4. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Just received a response from Zidoo support, surprising to say the least.

If there was an actual delay it wouldn't be a problem, the fact that playback starts before the player actually sends audio through to the speaker is absurd. The playback shouldn't actually start until back-end decoding is done.

This is just a silly response to suggest cutting playback off is a standard feature and not a problem to resolve.