Skype with logitech UAM14A CAM not working

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by dferregu, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Conrad Brown

Conrad Brown New Member

Nice thought, but I'm 75/75 up down and have run Speed Test on the Zidoo and clocked in at 82/85 MBPS. All other devices (Kindle Fire, 2 android phones, iPad, and two different laptops) all work perfectly on the same network calling the same person. Even calling another device on the same network has the same results. Video calls from the X6 will show video to the person on the other end, but no audio. But when I call the Skype sound test (which doesn't use video), the audio works. I've tested with the Logitech C270, a cheap webcam off Amazon that is UVC and works on Windows 10 computers, and a Microsoft Lifecam HD. All with the same results. It seems that the app isn't able to interface through the firmware to access both video and audio from the webcam simultaneously.

This isn't a deal breaker, but being able to Skype on the living room TV would be pretty awesome.

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think you could be right.
    I've just tested "Android-x86" (4.4 r5) on a Asus EEE PC, it runs nicely, and native camera app sees perfectly native webcam, and also Skype works.
    Android-x86 is not like a release from a smartphone/tablet manufacturer like Samsung or Sony, but in this case is more optimized. Chapeau!

I'll do some more tests, but maybe Zidoo could do something to solve this (secondary) issue.
    Of course, there's no hurry !!!

3. Deepak Khatri

Deepak Khatri New Member

@zidoo Any updates on these USB webcam and mic issues? Any fixes in .34?

4. Deepak Khatri

Deepak Khatri New Member

@zidoo Does USB webcam and mic work with .36 FW?

5. spring

spring Guest

yes, have a button in the setting.

6. Deepak Khatri

Deepak Khatri New Member

Thanks @spring. With .36 FW USB mic works fine but USB webcam does not work. I tried connecting Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam to normal USB port as well as the OTG port but it did not work. When I start Camera app, it closes after giving some error message.

7. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    it maybe not recognize the camera, you can insert it before you power on the X6.

8. Deepak Khatri

Deepak Khatri New Member

@spring I tried the same but it does not work. Same error on starting camera app. I can see camera LED blinking at system bootup, that means system recognizes the camera.

IMG-20160427-WA0001.jpg

9. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    i have check Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam, it is not the UVC camera. it must install the driver for this camera.
    X6 only support UVC camera, can not support the special camera which need dirver.

10. PacoRabanne

Sorry, spring, but in this case you are wrong.
    I own exactly that webcam, and in previous FW version it was recognized perfectly (now I don't use it, until a usable Skype versione comes out).

Please, have a look here
    http://www.linux-hardware-guide.com/it/2013-05-19-microsoft-lifecam-hd-3000
    and here
    http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/

May latest FW broken UVC support ?

11. Deepak Khatri

Deepak Khatri New Member

@spring I bought this webcam after reading one of the post on this forum. They mentioned that Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam worked with one of the previous FWs and also this webcam is UVC compliant.

12. PacoRabanne

Was me... and confirm again, as stated in post #30

13. Deepak Khatri

Deepak Khatri New Member

Yes. I did refer your previous post #18.