Skip steps not working on ZDMC

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X8' started by X8fan, Apr 27, 2017.

1. X8fan

X8fan Member

New to X8, so far really liking the hardware, speed and stability of ZDMC.

But one big thing bugs me a lot. When pressing "Direction Right", it only skips 10 seconds at a time, no matter how many times or how fast I press it.

I just checked and make sure in Settings > Video > Playback > Skip Steps, the steps are set to ...-10s, 10s, 30s, 60s, 3min etc... but ZDMC skipping is limited to 10s only.

I have used Kodi for years and this has never happened before.

2. gaki

gaki Member

Using external player ?

3. X8fan

X8fan Member

Not sure what "external player" is. But it's the default player that launches inside ZDMC. Also tried using the media player on the home page, same problem.

Update: After further testing, I found out if I pressed "Direction Right" really fast, I could get ZDMC to skip forward the farthest of 1min, but nothing beyond that.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  4. X8fan

X8fan Member

Has anyone else found the skip forward behavior not as good as default Kodi? Literally on Kodi you just press once, you get +10, and if you follow up with another press, you get +30, +1min, so on and so forth.

ZDMC player doesn't provide a visual guide of whether it's "+10, +30, or +1min..." The only way you can tell is by counting the time stamp on seek bar to see whether it's jumped forward or not. And it cannot do beyond 1min jump either. Very problematic.

Can this be fixed?