Severe scraping issues with Home Theater

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by lanz, Oct 28, 2021.

1. lanz

lanz Member

I am using French as main language.
    Mostly all my TV shows and animes are not correctly scraped.
    Most of them are identified as "Season 1", "Season 2" and so on.
    The most funny about it is that "season" is not a correct French word.
    Latest Kodi (nightly on Windows) is working perfectly and fast.

I have some questions:
    1. Are there any French users here? Do you have issues too or is it only me?
    2. As Kodi is open source, why not using its scraper for Home Theater?
    3. What are you using to have proper scraped content so?
    4. Should I use programs like MediaElch or TinyMediaManager?

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Hi,

yes, we are few frenchies here.

About the TV show, you must put all the episodes from all the seasons in the main folder of the show (no folder per season). About naming nomenclature, don’t put the name of the episodes in the titles. « Name of the show » (year).S01E01 is what I use, with very good results. I scrape them with TMDb (in the preferences of HT) and I use TV rename on my pc to rename my episodes.

Sometimes, when you have only one season of a TV show but there are various seasons, the TV show will be displayed on the poster wall with the name « season 1 » (but in french if you use our language to scrape in the HT settings). Use the Pop menu button and select « add to collection ». Then, select the name of the show and it will displayed correctly on the poster wall, with the season inside.

PS: there are some dedicated threads for the Zidoo on the french forum HCFR (section Home Cinéma, lecteurs et box multimédia). Most of us are also there.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  3. lanz

lanz Member

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  5. muha

muha Active Member

If you are windows user, try Bulk Rename Tool. Also if you don't rename file after download and the name is in romanji there is no chance it will recognize anime. I usually do manual match.

btw out of topic
    I got this in Jp
    storyboard frame from
    Arcadia of My Youth: Endless Orbit SSX

Attached Files:

6. lanz

lanz Member

Adding to collection does the trick but damn I had to do it for all orphan seasons.
    I just saw that there is no clearlogo for the series, I have them for the movies. Is this normal?

7. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

There is a function named batch editing to match a whole TV show in one shot in manual. This can be usefull if you want to keep the season folder structure (vs all the episodes in the main folder) or for a problematic TV Show.

Yes for the second question. No logos for the TV show for now. I don't know if we will be able to add one in local with the new function of the last firmware.