Separate DSP settings for XLR and RCA?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by mags, Dec 30, 2023.

1. mags

mags New Member

Hi, have read the manual and the DSP document, but this did not make me wiser. As the thread title asks, is it possible to set different DSP settings for the XLR and RCA outputs? E.g.a high pass filter on one and low pass on the other, in order to have proper crossover function for a 2.1 setup?

/Magnus

2. TheGovnah

TheGovnah Member

mags likes this.
  3. mags

mags New Member

Aha - thx. That sort of negates the whole HPF/LPF, does it not?

4. TheGovnah

TheGovnah Member

Unfortunately it does and defies logic from my perspective unless I am missing something.

mags likes this.
  5. Anøtek

Anøtek New Member

Yes unfortunately, I hope it's just a software limitation at the moment, and that in the future EverSolo will develop an update to use different settings on XLR/RCA for HPF/LPF use, which would add a great UP in the pre-amp part of the DMP A8.

mags likes this.
  6. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I don’t own an A8, can you choose XLR and RCA separately for the output port like the A6? If yes, then they should be on separate path, I don’t see why can’t use independent DSP settings so likely they can change it via software.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It depends how the single ended / balanced outputs are physically implemented: if they split after pre-amp stage - RCA use only the positive half of the balanced signal, while XLR uses both - then it is impossible to have DSP act separately on them.
    If, OTOH, the circuitry allows for two separate paths _before_ they leave the DAC chip, then a software update could allow for it.
    Normally, though, a subwoofer should be equipped with a LPF of its own, so passing it the entire spectrum should have no impact, as it will just render, say, 100Hz and below.

8. mags

mags New Member

The point is to also have a HPF to the mains in order to have a proper crossover between them and the sub. And to have the A8 drive mains and sub directly (ie. no routing through sub to mains).

TheGovnah likes this.
  9. TheGovnah

TheGovnah Member

Every preamp I have used through the years and that's quite a few, allowed HPF and LPF via their respective outputs.

As Nutul suggested on previous thread, I am sending full-range to my sub and applying the x-over, but I prefer to assign the HPF and LPF from the A8.

Vladislav mavraganis likes this.
  10. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

It is not possible because XLR and RCA get the same signal supplied from R2R volume control

Nutul likes this.