Sending 24/192 from my Mac mini to the A8 but only showing PCM 44.1khz on display

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Ray Nist, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Ray Nist

Ray Nist New Member

I am using my Mac mini which has a Dirac license to send Amazon music to the A8 via the USB B input.

the Mac mini sees the A8 and I have it set as 24/192 in the MIDI app. I am playing Amazon music and it shows it is playing at 24/192 in the Amazon music app but my display on the A8 is showing PCM 44.1 kHz. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? Should it say 24/192khz?

2. singeractor

singeractor New Member

If the Mac and the A8 are connected with a router you have to choose USB-in as source on the A-8.
    Then you can set sound in the system preference on the Mac to Eversolo USB AUDIO.
    Then one Audio-MIDI-Setup on your Mac where you should see Eversolo USB AUDIO on the left side.
    Choose the bitrate you want to have. Now High-Res should work with Amazon and Apple Music.
    The other and probably much easier way is to install the Amazon app on the Eversolo.
    Frank

Ray Nist likes this.
  3. Ray Nist

Ray Nist New Member

Thanks for the reply!

For some reason I could not get it to work until I did a factory reset on the A8 and now it is working.

I am using the Amazon app on my MacBook because I have Dirac room correction setup on the Mac and prefer the way that sounds.