Seen/Unseen state of a video

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by skelton, Nov 3, 2019.

1. skelton

skelton Member

I am curious if Zidoo will add this feature sometime soon because for me, it’s a key feature and something that really helps when watching TV series for example. Basically what i want is a automatic seen status added after finished watching a movie or episode. There should also be a manual control to edit the seen/unseen status of titles.

Anyone know if Zidoo is planning to add this to HT 2.0?

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

its already there !

3. skelton

skelton Member

It is??

I don’t see any seen status after finished watching. Do i need to activate it somewhere first?

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Its on the H.T .v2 in the settings menu for watched view been there a while now .

5. skelton

skelton Member

Yeah i found it but not exactly what i was looking for. I think this feature is most useful when watching a TV-show season but Zidoo doesn’t have a seen/unseen status for single episodes from what i could tell, only for the entire show which is pretty useless for me at least. And we shouldn’t have to manually add this seen/unseen status but instead, it should automatically mark the movie/episode after finished watching it.

I really hope Zidoo can improve this feature in the next firmware.

6. skelton

skelton Member

Anyone from Zidoo can comment on this?

7. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Does it mean that the movies you watched are not displayed in the poster wall?
    We have the function of removing videos
    thanks

8. skelton

skelton Member

No, the movies (or TV episodes) will always appear in the poster wall regardless if they have been watched or not.
    What i am looking for is for Zidoo to automatically set the status to ”seen” when i am finished watching an episode of a TV-show.

As i explained earlier, there is currently no way to set the seen/unseen status for single episodes, only for the entire show.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  9. VampireSlug

VampireSlug New Member

In the list of episodes, at least on my device, a small eye icon shows to the far right of the file when it's been viewed so I always know where I left off watching TV show episodes. I don't use the poster wall, only the folders.

10. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

When watching anything in file mode yes you get that icon on the right, but what do you do when watching a series again as the watched icon will still there on all the files you previously watched, it would be nice to reset the time elapsed on anything that is being watched rather than having to play the file then start from the beginning.

it would be great to see a cross on the episodes in the poster wall Or something like that to indicate that episode has been watched rather than looking at the time on the right under the play icon and also holding the select button to bring the option on that episode to remove it from watched. on the widget you can go to watching and get to that specific episode from there and also clear the watching from the widget but that will not clear the time elapsed on that episode,

hopefully they may add this

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020