Screensaver ?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X8' started by Tukker, May 8, 2017.

1. Tukker

Tukker Member

Hi,

Where is the option of a screensaver set to 1 or 2 minutes in the external player ?
    As a plasma owner i dont want my screen to permanent burn in or leaves retention .
    Now i always have to stop the move so it goes into kodi again.
    Because this switching never goes smooth..... loading movie, starts playing for 1 or 2 seconds,
    then the player goes into 23.978 mode and hiks and studder for another 3 second. ( looks very cheap).

Thx.

2. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

I'd love a screensaver for the Zidoo player, just making the overlay disappear completely during pause would be useful, but dimming to 10% brightness would be perfect.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

tip: you can find a option in zdmc that puses the movie while the framerate switch happens, ( did not test with external player) sitting that to 2-5 seconds should help a little

4. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

Unfortunately that doesn't pause the external player while resolution/refresh rate is adjusting, it is quicker than the Kodi engine when using the internal player. The main issue I have with the external player is that it doesn't save a time played bookmark inside ZDMC itself, plus this issue of having no screen saver, it is something you have to be very careful of as a plasma owner and now also with OLED.

5. Tukker

Tukker Member

Thanks for your reply. But Haoss, who is using the internal kodi player ? No movie lover i believe because it does not
    provide the same picture quality and smooth playback as the external player witch is really good.
    What i would like is the the zidoo external player first change fps (maybe during buffering) and after that starting the movie, then while
    playing and i want to get a beer and press pauze the screen goes black (or heavely dimmed) in 5 or 10 secondes.