Screen mirroring

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by DragonFly, Oct 18, 2015.

1. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

Screen mirroring, wifi display, miracast etc.

I'd like to mirror my laptop's desktop (using windows 8.1 and/or 10) on my TV using the X9. NOT just display a video or you tube video but the whole desktop.
    I did manage to mirror my phone .....once (sometimes it finds 'full_lemon' or sometimes 'MCast xxxx'), but I just can't seem to get it to work anymore, let alone mirror my desktop.

To recap: Is it possible to do this on the X9 (or X1/X6) and what is exactly needed to accomplish this? (Which RECEIVING protocols/services needs to be running)

Edit: Wrong device forumsection, needs to be in the X9 section...but also a valid question for the X6

Edit 2: Received my X6 and casting of images or video's works out of the box (using the built in airsharing or easycast app). Just can't seem to mirror my windows destop or the android's launcher

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  2. rydzyn

rydzyn New Member

Miracast not working!What to do?

3. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

Yep, that's what I'd like to know, but Zidoo is either too busy answering this threat or is having a hard time solving the issue

4. rydzyn

rydzyn New Member

We are waiting for repair.

5. giovanni

giovanni New Member

I'm avere problems with mirroring....don't find the easy cast app of zidoo ......using the qr code the url that find is the we chat app.....solutions?

6. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

It seems that the developers either don't read the forum threads or don't have an answer.....

7. rydzyn

rydzyn New Member

You need to install application Miracast Player on zidoo.Working

8. giovanni

giovanni New Member

Ok. I'll try it...thanks

9. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

@
    Installed it on a X9 but no luck. To clarify, I need to cast the whole screen, not just a picture or a video (that works out of the box). For example on Windows 10 -> project screen.
    The miracast app itself is seen in the 'add devices' screen, but then it asks for a WPS-pincode and the Miracast player does not reproduce such a number for me to enter on Windows 10.

On devices that support whole screen miracast such as Samsung and LG TV's this WPS number is generated by the device.

10. rydzyn

rydzyn New Member

I moved image of LG G3 on zidoo x6

11. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

Yes, that worked for me too with another Android phone, but I want to cast a windows desktop as I mentioned in the topic start.
    I you have a windows computer with windows 8.1/10 you should try if it works...

12. rydzyn

rydzyn New Member

On windows you look for.

13. spring

spring Guest

we will fix it on V1.0.26

14. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

@spring ...or any developer

Still no luck with screen casting a windows 8/10 laptop. On Windows I can add the Ziddo X6 as Digital mediarenderer or Digital mediaserver but it is not seen as a Projector, which is necessary to mirror the desktop. I'm able to display images or video's using play to using eHomeMediaCenter or Happycast(xxx) at low quality I might add, but that's it.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If so, please advice

15. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

which software you use in windows?

16. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

A picture says more than a thousand words:)

Projecting or mirroring a screen (casting), is a built-in Windows feature for supported hardware, like on Android devices. There's no need for additional software (it runs a background process). It's sometimes misunderstood as (DLNA) streaming for images or video's.
    This works quite well for TV's like an LG I have standing here. The TV identifies itself when probed by Windows as three devices using different protocols:
    1. As a media renderer. Displays computer's images and other content to the TV when you use 'play to'
    2. (somethines) As a media server. The content on the TV or attched storage can be displayed on your computer using DLNA
    3. As a television or second monitor. When paired, it's stored as an projector. It's THIS (miracast or WiDi protocol) the Zidoo doesn't interpret very well.
    Pictures from a Windows 8.1 laptop and the TV:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

On the LG TV there is a built-in Screenshare App. It's not needed to open this as it runs as a background process.

04.jpg

05.jpg

Final result
    06.jpg

Projecting a second screen should be a transparent and intuitive operation. This example is shown on a Smart TV.

For those having a 'dumb' TV but using the Zidoo X6 attached to one, it SHOULD work the same and without a hassle. Unfortunately this seems not to be the case.....

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  17. grummel2005

on my thinkpad i have windows 7

18. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

AFAIK, you need windows 8(.1) or Windows 10, and PC HW must support it.

19. grummel2005

why hardware?
    is this all casting not running via WIFI?

20. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group