Scanning Logs?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by lawdawg, Jan 20, 2022.

1. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

When scanning a source, are there any logs that can be leveraged to determine why something failed to match, or was matched incorrectly?

While watching the scan interactively you can see successful matches and failures pop up, but there is no context or clue why something fails.

I'm really confused as to why some of them fail. Especially when a file that fails is in the same folder and using the same naming convention as something that succeeds. For instance, American Pickers - S2018E11 might match, but American Pickers - S2018E12 will fail and not match. Or why Great Escapes with Morgan Freeman - S01E01 and Great Escapes with Morgan Freeman - S01E01 are matched into different posters.

I'm hoping a log will shed more details as to the logic and what could be done from my side to get correct matches.

2. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Another confusing thing is that if you select the poster for one of those Morgan Freeman posters and perform a re-match, it will then collapse the two posters into one. I literally just did this, and the re-match had different behavior than the initial match. Why? A log should help identify what was different between the two matching attempts.