Scaling (“aspect ratio” or "zoom", or "+/-")

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by rkann, Nov 1, 2018.

1. rkann

rkann Member

Dear users of Zidoo X20 PRO.

We all paid more than 800 USD for a media player, which we hoped would be better than other models on the market.
    But now it’s obvious that our device doesn’t even have a scaling function, which works even in the cheapest media players.
    It is also obvious that Zidoo did nothing to fix this bug. After all requests on this topic ZIDOO either lie, or do not respond at all. Strange behavior, but what to do.

But maybe someone of users already found a solution to this problem?
    According to my experience, scaling in players such as MX Player and VLC Player does not work.
    I was able to achieve image scaling in Blu-Ray movies only in the ZDMC player. But at the same time (on firmware 1.7.8) microfreezes appear. With firmware 1.2.28, there was no microfreezes when scaling in the ZDMC. 3D movies (Blu-Ray 3D) ZDMC plays as 2D. Scaling 4K movies in ZDMC does not work at all.
    Has anyone had this experience?
    Microfreezes when scaling in ZDMC - a common result or a result of only my equipment?
    Playing of Blu-Ray 3D in ZDMC as 2D - a common result or a result of only my equipment?

2. rkann

rkann Member

Well. No single suggestion from users about solving the scaling problem for the month since my post.
    And of course, no reaction from Zidoo team. Bravo, Zidoo, bravo! Why to help to users if the product is already purchased?.. It's easier to just ignore problems of your X20.
    In the end, my solution is very simple. Zidoo X20 PRO is used as an expensive monument to wasted money and for collecting of dust. But for watching movies is used Dune HD Base 3D (2013) + Splitter Egreat H10.

3. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

Just out of curiosity : why did you buy the X20 PRO(!) when all you seem to care about is to root it and run Kodi /ZDMC ....to workaround the zoom issue ??

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. rkann

rkann Member

Just out of curiosity: why did you write a comment if you even didn't read (!) my post carefully????
    I didn't say a word about root and/or Kodi. A problem I'm speaking about - our device doesn’t even have a scaling function, which works even in the cheapest media players. Therefore it is impossible to get rid of black bars at the top and bottom of the screen when watching movies. And I try to find a solution in situation when Zidoo ignore this problem. The single way I found - is ZDMC, but it doesn't work with 3d and 4k movies.

5. myzidoo

All good...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  6. rkann

rkann Member

All wonderful, especially your comments;))
    Thank you very much, myZidoo. Biting comments instead of support is cool.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  7. myzidoo

Come on ... read your other posts in the x20 and the x20pro threads.
    We all got that you're more than upset regarding missing zoom ability of these players and the scandal this is for a 800 USD player.
    What I learned here is that the guys from zidoo even though not actively participating are reading this stuff. So just being rude doesn't help ... and neither being rude to other forum members just complaining that nobody is suggesting about solving the scaling problem for the month since your last post.

So much for other biting comments...;)

So maybe in a day or a month or years from now the zidoos will be able to zoom. Agreed other less expensive players can do but what do you want ?? YOU can only ask for it and wait:cool:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Israel likes this.
  8. rkann

rkann Member

I’m not upset now.

I was upset when my new X20 Pro from the box burned out for 10 minutes after turn on when I tried to play BD3D. I was upset when Zidoo answered - it is not our problem, go to shop where you bought it. I was upset a little bit more when 1 month later I received another X20 PRO as replacement from seller and it burned for 1 minute after trying to play BD3D. I was upset a little bit more when I waited 1 month more to get new main board to replace it by my own hands. Of course, it was a surprise for me, not for the team of Zidoo - ALL X20/X20-pro main boards from the first consignment were defective - their HDMI microchip breaks when user try to watch movies with a high bitstream, usually 3D movies.

I was really upset when Zidoo answered in august on my question concerning missing aspect zoom ability X20 Pro – please wait till the end of the month (august!!!).

No, I’m not more than upset now. Now, when I understand, that Zidoo, taken my 800USD for not working "flagship of the market", just lied and decided to ignore this bug, I am furious about Zidoo.

Hope so. Our discussion confirms this.

So, I did not ask users to discuss my style of communication and to portray the victim of rudeness, if my answers do not like. My questions (see the beginning of the thread) were as follows:

“Has anyone had this experience?
    Microfreezes when scaling in ZDMC - a common result or a result of only my equipment?
    Playing of Blu-Ray 3D in ZDMC as 2D - a common result or a result of only my equipment?”

If you have substantive answers, please reply. Essentially, please.

If not – please act as you said –

And of course, if you are just forum member, not connected with Zidoo team, and I have offended you with something - I am very sorry, and I sincerely ask you to forgive me.

9. myzidoo

Absolutely not connected !! just simple user who finds zidoo's players let's say not "the best" but "the least worst and even a pretty solid player" out of these android based players. And I sent A LOT of money down the drain for several of these boxes which never did what was promised

Also if two X20's have died on you.... I understand better ...

So let's further ask for various improvements:)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  10. rkann

rkann Member

Accepted and agreed;)