Save videowall, when scanning other disc.

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by indieke, Oct 25, 2018.

1. indieke

indieke New Member

I try to explain, what I want to do with my Z 9. I have a box with 5 discs attached. Now I am going on holiday and take the zidoo with me, but only want on the wall then the harddisc I am taking. In other words, on travel, I want the poster wall from that harddisc alone, but when coming home, get my old video-wall back.

But when coming home, I want my old video wall, and not have to scan my 5 harddiscs again, as I have gone through a lot of work to put posters manually, of all the zidoo, could not find.

Another question, I have movies the Zidoo not sees at all, even not in the "other" section on the wall. Is there a way to add them on the wall by browsing the disc, and not the poster wall?

2. Tony77

Tony77 Member

for your first question... I'm pretty sure there is an option to import and export the saved posters... Create a BACKUP or 2 of them somewhere so you don't lose all your saved and edited stuff... I think this is the only way to be sure you have everything regardless of where your custom directory is and whether its saved there or internally.. (im not sure when the device decides the custom location isn't good enough) So i assume exporting to a diff drive or network location will create an entire backup of what you want to save..
    when you come home, you can just RESTORE from that backup..

When you're on holiday, regardless of what's connected on the WALL there is an option to display SELECTED drives or sources..so have it show you just the source you want!

As to the second question....That is something I'd like to know as well!! From the other thread here it seems you can probably MANUALLY open the database file (see other thread) and change or add anything you like.. To have to do this to add EVERY missing item though is unrealistic in my opinion.. I have THOUSANDS of movies that dont appear AT ALL so that method wouldn't be feasible..

Fortunately, as a last resort, you can find and play any file by navigating to it using MEDIA CENTER.. Im not sure why we cant have that same stuff populate hometheatre? If it doesn't exist in any online databases then at least show a BLANK poster in it's place displaying the FILE NAME on the WALL...

3. PlanetOfHolels

PlanetOfHolels New Member

Hey, if you want to travel you can look at https://planetofhotels.com/en to book some place to spend the night. Even if you need something urgent. I can advice you to go on holiday and save as much video as you want)) Just don't stop and see this world)