Sample rate output

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by Dane, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Dane

Dane New Member

Using usb out to my denafrips ares 2 DAC, using Amazon music hd, it shows a sample rate of 192 no matter what song I play, so I switched to coax out and now it's outputting 44.1 no matter what song I play. I have EOS setting turned off, so I'm not sure why the sample rates aren't changing. The DAC is showing the same thing.

I want to add, I just tried using rca out directly to my amp and the result is the same, the sample rate stays at 192

Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
  2. Gar

Gar New Member

Will the sample rate change when you press stop and then replay the song again? I noticed similar issue but the rate will adjust after I hit stop and replay the song. There is no audible different when I switch different sample rate. Also I'm not sure why there is no 384khz or 768khz selection, the max rate output is cap at 192khz.

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "selection" in this scenario? If that is supposed to be the sample rate of the file (or stream) being played there should be no selection, as THAT is the original sample rate.

NOTE: the fact you say that it changes when you stop the playback, and then again, when you play, reminds me of the Z8, which when you switch it on, or resume from stand-by, it displays always PCM 768 (looks like by default, not finding any sample rate it scrolls to all possibilities, ending in the LEAST of its internal list, it being the maximum PCM supported... a little bug IMO...), then adjusts to the correct sample rate once you play on its selected input device.
    Nevertheless, the Z8 DOES NOT CHANGE IT if you stop/start the playback on its source input; it maintains the last-sensed...