Rumors of new firmware for Z6/Z8

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by Glerup71, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

There are rumors on a Facebook page that there should be a firmware update on the way for the two dac Z6/Z8, what they should contain, there is no mention of...

Can anyone from this forum confirm anything?

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

About a week ago I had a short discussion here (or was it on ASR) with mirror, about getting the vu-meters and eq on the two DACs:
    Z6/Z8 are going to get the new VUs; unfortunately the EQs cannot be added, as the DACs do not have enough power (on the A6/A8 the cpu is doing the eq/dsp work)
    Mine was more of a complain regarding the Z6/Z8 not receiving any care since April; anyway, it seems the update is coming.
    EQ / DSP not making to it is understandable, as if we use a DAC, generally have a player, and that should be able to do all sort of equalization (I have a Pi4 with moOde and CamillaDSP, so no problem)

P.S.
    name of the FB page...?

3. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/357...1703517730748983&notif_t=group_comment_follow

I hope the link works :)
    Any News on the Fixed Volume options ?

Nutul likes this.
  4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Ops, I actually forgot about that... And say it was me who asked for it...! Maybe we're gonna get them, though... as it states "more details on release day" I am confident there will be some new things. :)

5. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

We must hope that Eversolo has followed what we have written here on the forum, so that we get some of what we have wanted :)

Nutul likes this.
  6. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

I'm eagarly awaiting implementation of power-on mode, such that when
    power is applied, it goes into standby, as DMP-A6 does it.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I am sorry, and too lazy to check it now... what's this?

8. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

You turn on a switch on the back of the Z8 and it turns on immediately. On DMP-A6 you can choose - either turn it on right away
    or go into standby mode. There's special menu item in DMP for it.

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Got it,
    though, thinking... what's the point? As you switch the DAC on you are in the mood of using it, right? Nevertheless I can see it as a good thing.

10. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

It's easy. I have many devices connected to my mains conditioner. When I turn it on, I don't want
    to switch on all connected devices.

Glerup71 likes this.
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yep, you're right.

12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

@mirror Any update on the new firmware?

13. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

It's a bit strange that Eversolo never even confirms that something new is coming, such as new firmware so many times it's just guess work :(

14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Well, on the FB post you shared it states "more details on release date"... now, it is true that we have no clue about when, but I am confident it will come.

15. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

@mirror also confirmed about a new firmware in the ASR thread.

Glerup71 and Nutul like this.
  16. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

According to Eversolo's Facebook page, the firmware for the Z6/Z8 dac is still on the way, it's just a little delayed :)

Peter Wallop, Daaan and Nutul like this.
  17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update on it, mate... it's already nine months I purchased my Z8; see if I can get the update before one year passes by... ;-)

Daaan likes this.