Rooting Z1000 Pro / RTD1619DR boxes

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by tom.58, Oct 18, 2022.

1. tom.58

tom.58 New Member

Don't know if this is the right place for it.... or should it be in Development ?

I just purchased a new Z1000 Pro at zidoo.de which should arrive today or tomorrow. Beeing familiar with Z10 e.g. I am used to the fact that all the Zidoos before could be rooted by a tool developed by Zidoo. Since I need Root for accessing the Android filebase ("data" folder) I seem to have a problem with the Zidoo 1619DR boxes now. As I could read in several Forums there seems to be no Root for these boxes anymore... and there are a lot of people who warn me to use a tool like Magisk in these Forums, because it is said to be unsafe (??)

So what's the truth about it ? Can a Z1000 Pro be rooted ? Will there come a tool by Zidoo ? Or a pre-rooted firmware ? I don't understand why that's a problem with Zidoo now. Dune has an own tool to root their RTD1619DR devices with Android 9 which is safe to use, why not Zidoo ??

For me it is a sad decision.... if I can't get the Z1000 to be rooted, it's of no use for me and I have to return the Z1000 Pro package to Zidoo.de to get my money back. I have to purchase a Dune player then... even if I don't really want to, because I like the Zidoos much more .

Maybe the Dune root-tool is working with Zidoo as well...??

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

3. tom.58

tom.58 New Member

@McBluna:
    I've been on your site as well and read your Magisk HowTo, which is well described. It seems that it might be the only chance for Zidoo 1619DR boxes to get rooted. Thanks for that!
    Any idea why there is a loud warning in several Forums to do so with Magisk ?

Anyone here who failed with Magisk ?

4. tom.58

tom.58 New Member

Well, I tried to root my Z1000 Pro using MAGISK and had no success !

I followed all of the instructions in HowTo and the Magisk process went thru without any problems. The Z1000 Pro finally rebooted and everything looked fine. But the result did not satisfy... XBMCWrapper could be installed but Kodi then could not follow any instructions from playercorefactory.xml .... and was not able to start any of my video files. Then RootChecker stated that "Root is not propperly installed on this device". (USB-Debugging of course was ON) . I remember that a user called Reelyator in Futeko's forum had just the same problems with his UHD 3000.

So it seems that MAGISK (for Zidoo) is NOT able to root any of the RTD1619DR Zidoo boxes ! And obviously it is NOT compatible with XBMCWrapper as well.

Now I need to get rid of that failed rooting.

5. McBluna

I've rooted my z9X (RTD1619DR) with it.

6. tom.58

tom.58 New Member

Obviously does not work with UHD 3000 and Z1000Pro, using YOUR own HowTo ! Did you check XBMCWrapper for compatibility ?

7. Edworld

Edworld Member

I see that in the past Zidoo provided software to root the player. Why they do not offer it for this player makes no sense.

If you root the player, are you able to mount your NFS? I am having playback issues and at least with the Vero 4k if you mount your NFS you get better transfer speeds.

8. McBluna

https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo/how-to-root-your-rtd1619-based-zidoo-device/

9. Edworld

Edworld Member

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

What's wrong with activating and using Zidoo's build in SAMBA server? No rooting required.

11. Edworld

Edworld Member

I use NFS HaneWIN on a windows 10 computer and feed my other boxes.

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Why are you trying to mount NFS on Zidoo root folder then? Just curious. You already have Win10 PC as server.

13. Edworld

Edworld Member

While playing 4K content some times I get freezing and then get messages that file/media cant get played, I then have to restart the movie since I know the file is ok.

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don't know enough about your setup but I highly doubt that mounting NFS on Zidoo's root structure will solve your freezing issue.
    Nobody does it and most of the people don't have freezing issues while streaming movies off the NAS to Zidoo players. The simplest most common hardware and setup works just fine. People run into issue by overcomplicating things.
    Try SMB network shares build into your Windows on your PC.

15. Edworld

Edworld Member

I already tried SMB with windows, and same result with 4k content. I am assuming that data is not getting to the zidoo fast enough...

16. McBluna

What is your use case? I also use HaneWIN and Zidoo is able to handle NFS. After connecting to a NFS share with the file explorer or adding it as source in HT4 there's a mount point.

upload_2023-3-17_19-19-4.png
    upload_2023-3-17_19-20-0.png
    upload_2023-3-17_19-17-43.png
    upload_2023-3-17_19-20-50.png

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Windows specially on older machine is a complex beast. You may have some processes running in the background, scanning of hard drives for updates, virus scans, indexing, encryption and any other combination of things. Computer should be in idle with no more than 1 to 3% of CPU activity to be sure before you start streaming the movie. Second hard drive with just clean freshly installed Windows should cure any background processes issues compound over the years. SMB shares are part Windows. No other software is needed.

18. Edworld

Edworld Member

19. McBluna

I agree with Edworld. NFS runs smoother as SAMBA does in my environment.

20. Edworld

Edworld Member

Maybe it is time for a fresh windows hard drive.....