[Resolved]No Sound out of HDMI to Yamaha RX-A-3700

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Stuj, May 24, 2023.

1. Stuj

Stuj Active Member

Hi, I seem to be having issues with getting sound through to my amp, this is the settings I have…. The SACD iso is playing in the interface but no sound..

Attached Files:

2. Burki

Burki Member

What's your Yamaha showing on the display?
    Do you've upgraded the firmware?
    I'd massive problems (also after resetting the DMP-A6) getting sound from multichannel files.
    Yesterday it seems, that it's partitial working and today again no sound (also after some reboots).

So I've decided to return the streamer and not wasting more time with it.

3. Stuj

Stuj Active Member

The amp is not sensing a signal it just says decoder off…. @mirror do you know of any issues with hdmi ? Is there a fix coming in a firmware ? I’m loathed to give up so quickly. I might swap out a cable , dont know if that will help…. Oh yes, I upgraded to the newest firmware

4. Spring

Spring New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

A6 has been identified Yamaha, and it can read resolution of audio.
    I have a question, does the PCM have audio?
    do you select correct input port of Yamaha?
    A6 will output a blue picture through HDMI, could you check the Yamaha have received the image?

5. Stuj

Stuj Active Member

Thank you , after playing around and eventually sourcing another HDMI cable, I now see the blue screen and sound is working perfectly… I never thought I’d see the day of having a box that can play iso Surround DSD but here we are….

6. Jim VeNard

Jim VeNard New Member

Is their a particular spec for the HDMI cable? I'm unable to get HDMI sound. I'm going to get the fastest HDMI cable I can find today to give it a try.

7. Stuj

Stuj Active Member

I’m not sure about spec, HDMI is a finicky thing sometimes, I ended up getting a cheap 11$ 8K Cable from Amazon the worked well

8. Jim VeNard

Jim VeNard New Member

Yep, bought a ver. 2.1 HDMI and it worked:)

Stuj likes this.