[Resolved]DMP-A6 USB Dac out issues

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Daphan, May 23, 2023.

1. Daphan

Daphan New Member

Hi Guy,

I am having a lot of issues playing with USB out to my Denafrip Dac.

Here's my setup Roon-> A6 - Denafrip Hermes - Denafrip Pontus - XLR out to AMP

Issues:
    1) MQA play back. In Roon I set the device to have Decoder and renderer. XLR direct out from the A6 is fine.
    in the A6 USB settings, I set MQA to not supported (my dac doesn't have MQA decoding)

I get static and noise when playing USB out.

The A6 shows the file is being played fine as MQA. But the usb signal out seem to cause the issue.
    I think the issue is the PCM file out to the DAC after the A6 converted the MQA.

I played a wav PCM file and the same noise issue. So it seems like there is an issue with the PCM signal out.

I have a silent Angel streamer that has a similar capability with MQA and no issues whatsoever.

Any tips on how I can get this to work?

So far the only thing I can play out to USB is DSD (upsample from Roon)

2. Daphan

Daphan New Member

sorry ignore, this after playing around for a bit i think i know what the issue is.

3. pgk

pgk New Member

I now have the same issue with static over the usb connection. What did you think the problem was please?

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Nice to hear you got it sorted.
    It would be useful to the group if you told us what it was, or what you did to solve it.

5. resun1971

resun1971 New Member

+1, I also can hear only dsd on usb-dac output, all other formats play as white noise
    if you have any solution, please write it here, it's really requested

6. Petr Richter

Petr Richter New Member

I have the same issue. Heavy noise with Musician R2R DAC connect via USB.

resun1971 likes this.