Request for adding Linux 'ir-keytable' utility to the firmware

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by B.A. Derks, Dec 23, 2016.

1. B.A. Derks

B.A. Derks New Member

@zidoo (mirror)

As I'm not very impressed with the functionality of the stock remote control (RC), I tried to figure out what possibilities there are to improve this functionality. All I found were some lines with '[IRDA] ... venus-ir...' in the dmesg output. Nor did I found files like keytables, keymaps, etc in the firmware. So as is, there seems to be no way to improve the functionality of interacting with a RC. Unfortunately, the Zidoo firmware also lacks the Linux utility 'ir-keytable'. This utility is available for all the (major) Linux distros, so it should be available for the Zidoo firmware as well. With this utility it becomes possible to enhance the functionality of using a RC with the X9S, and it also offers a way to create keytables for use with other RC's than the stock one.

So, please add this Linux 'ir-keytable' utility to your firmware. I think it would also work out positive on the general impression of Zidoo and their products, when they facilitate their users with simple to use utilities like 'ir-keytable' to expand on the user experience of the X9S.

TIA

2. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Will this Linux 'ir-keytable' utility also allow me to change Zidoo's on-off IR code, so it can be controlled by other RC?

3. B.A. Derks

B.A. Derks New Member

Hard to say. I never went beyond adding some keys to the keytable to enhance the functionality of my RC. Maybe this link will give you an idea what you can do with the Linux utility ir-keytable. In the end it all depends on the available functionality of the hardware and the driver.

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

In the RTD1295 project,The IR mapping files are compiled to linux drivers. It is hardcoded.
    It's possible to make it editable for users. But there are not that much useful and lack of significance for most of the users.
    We won't do this unless this requirment comes with a big order. :) Sorry.