"Repeat All" Playback Play Next File Button on IR ?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by blasiusx, Oct 20, 2017.

1. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Hello Technic Supporters.

First, thank you for great Devices. :) I take the X9S and only the Media Center, and it runs very fast and smooth.

In "Repeat All" Playback, if there are many Video Files in a Folder, is it possible to configure the Hardware IR Buttons "Next Chapter" and "Previous Chapter", into "Next File" and "Previous File" Playback, if there are no chapters in the Files ? At the Moment the two Buttons for Next Chapter and Previous Chapter on the IR are not assigned, if there are no chapters in a video file, and in "Repeat All" Playback.

At the moment, the two buttons have no function, in "Repeat All" Playback for videos without chapters.

You must constantly go in the software player MenĂ¼ and press the software buttons to jump to the previous or next video file to be played.

Just like now you have to press 4 times a button to play the next video. If you switch to the hardware buttons (if no chapters are available), you would only have to press once.

Is it also not possible, to stop the playback of a video in media Center, if one presses the back button only once, and not twice? That would be optimal.

For you as a technical supporter this is certainly not difficult to realize, i think, for us customers the operation would be much easier. ;)

Thanks in advance.

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Sorry, blasiusx, but for your "Is it also not possible, to stop the playback of a video in media Center, if one presses the back button only once, and not twice? That would be optimal." I dont' agree.
    If any, I prefer to have a dedicated STOP button somewhere on the remote. This is fine to operate only with one press.
    Instead the "return" key is a very common button to use on X9S (I keep my finger on it very often), and hit them twice is not so terrible.
    This is not a flame, please, is only my absolutely personal opinion (like your). Any opinion is welcome!

3. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

It's okay ;)

But there is no dedicated stop button on the ir.
    It is not a sunset, you have to press twice, and finish the rendering. ;)But everything you can improve is good if it is not expensive/complicated. And I do not see the effort here in the Media Center to stop the playback. :D

Why is it useful to press twice the back button to stop completly the playback in Media Center?! I see no reason why it should not reduce it all at once. ;)

If the effort is of course too large or incompatible with other apps, then of course not.

But, The jumps to the next or previous video in the "Repeat All" Playback is however somewhat cumbersome. I hope this can be fixed.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  4. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

The new firmware has changed, and the page key definition is the same as what you describe.
    About exit play, I agree with the idea of PacoRabanne.o_O
    thanks

5. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

It's Okay, If someone want's completly stop playback with press twice the back key...I think otherwise it would be better. But everyone as he wants. There will be more important things to improve. :)

I hope, that the "Next Play/Previous Play" (as described) could be improvet.

6. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Ok,thanks

7. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

otherwise I would just like to mention, the zidoo devices developement is very good, basicly with the Media Center. Extremely customer-friendly, fast and easy to use. A few improvements, and it is for me the best media player in the whole Android "jungle".
    4K runs very good, in all formats. :)

But, the Full Integration and Support of the Popular MTS Video Files (H.264) in the Media Center is still missing. :eek: