Remote stopped working

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Cliff Brain, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Cliff Brain

Cliff Brain New Member

Yesterday my H6 remote stopped working. The remote LED flashed as buttons pressed but no response from box. Removed batteries for 5 minutes then replaced with new. No fix. H6 box was hot. Unplugged for an hour and when restarted everything worked. Within an hour some buttons stopped working followed by complete failure. Shut everything down overnight. This morning fired H6 up and all worked again. Microsoft Bluetooth mouse also working. Left H6 on but no streaming for an hour and neither remote or mouse working. From my first use I would get a warning message that the remote was disconnected or re-connecting but it never failed to control the box. Range from 6 to 10 feet.

Looks to be like the H6 box is the problem, not the remote or mouse. Any suggestions?

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Sorry to hear your issue, my H6 Pro is due to arrive in the next few days, I'll keep an eye out for this issue.... Looks like your H6 may run fine at cooler temp, may be air circulation problem, try a fan. You asked for suggestions, hope the following will help you to isolate the problem.

When every time the H6 is not responding to remote, is the box hot (very hot?) with nothing is running as far as you know? Always like this hot when you received it? Is it sluggish when its supposed to be idle? I wish there is a task manager, but CPU-Z app should suffice to let you know how much compute power is consumed during idle, such as CPU clock speed, percentage and number of cores active. If something is running crazy in the background when its supposed to be idle, go to setting, more setting, memory, memory used by apps screen. Hope you can identify the offending app and re-install it if that app is a must have for you, or factory reset and start from scratch. You may consider a USB mouse if bluetooth is not working.

If you have a voltmeter, please measure the 5V power supply output plug to see if it is out of spec on the high side, try a different 5V supply if possible.

If all else fails, you may consider a return or ask the Zidoo folks here what you can you.

Good luck!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  3. Cliff Brain

Cliff Brain New Member

Thanks for your input Ayoka.

I get 5.36V from the H6 power supply. I left the H6 unplugged and remote without batteries overnight. Remote still not working, but Android remote app does work. I don't think heat causes the remote problem, the remote failure may be causing the heat. I did a full system reset that didn't fix remote issue.

4. Cliff Brain

Cliff Brain New Member

I applied the update to v1.0.10 using a thumb drive and Android remote app. Did not fix my remote.

5. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Sorry to hear your remote issue has not been resolved.

My H6 Pro arrived late yesterday. after an hour of playing 4K videos, box is just barely warm, DC input was at 4.93V. Thermo-wise, box is great, but I do have bluetooth issue at 12ft distance, zidoo remote keep prompting a message pop-up on connected and disconnected, fine at under 10ft, and my Logitech Anywhere 2 bluetooth mouse is very sluggish at 10ft, appears to work fine within 7ft. Its hard to watch a 65" TV at 7ft.

I have other paper weight android boxes that works fine at 12ft, not to mention my zidoo favorites X9S, X8 and X7 have no problem at >12ft distance. Seems like other people have issue with H6 Pro wi-fi, I may jump to the conclusion that the wi-fi and bluetooth issue may be due to the fact thatH6 Pro is encased in aluminum shell with internal antenna.

Will test more for other issues...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  6. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

In case your are interested, I just learned that the H6 Pro will respond to X7, X8 and X9S remote controls

7. Jake98

Jake98 New Member

My remote also quit working. H6 was warm not hot. I have a cooling fan now but remote still very temperamental. I took drastic measures. The H6 has a top, bottom and a square ring that composes the outer body.I removed the outer ring leaving the top and bottom.The WiFi attenna is a small black wire taped to the top plate. Now that I've removed that outer ring my remote works flawlessly. WiFi Mbps increased also, though I choose to use a cat6 shielded Ethernet cable. I'm an electrician and working on this box wasn't a big deal for me,but if your not qualified it's best to just leave it be or get a qualified tech to check it out. Just thought I'd throw this out there. I think the all aluminum box interferes with the waves.

8. I also have this issue. Randomly, the remote stops working and cannot turn on the box, so I have to unplug it to turn it on. After rebooting, the remote works again. Hope you can solve this.

9. Erich Glenewinkel

Erich Glenewinkel New Member

I have the same issue where some of the remote buttons stops working. The issue that i have picked up seems to be the Bluetooth connection. What i do is restart the TV box and then turn off Bluetooth. The remote will stop working for about a minute and then afterwards switch to IR mode. From here on I haven't had any issues with the remote again (Except if Bluetooth switches on automatically again).

Note: the remote was built to connect VIA Bluetooth mainly so you can feel a noticeable amount of lag in IR mode but at least all of the buttons work now. Please help me to report this issue to Zidoo so that they can possibly patch it if this is a firmware/software issue.

10. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

Go into settings and delete the remote from the listed bluetooth devices. Then perform the pairing again and you will be ok...