Recording stop at 1,9 GB

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by lc_lol, Apr 18, 2015.

1. lc_lol

lc_lol New Member

Hi all :)

I've just received my X9 box, and tried to record some HDMI videos. My HDD is a TB seagate external drive with usb 3.0, formatted with NTFS. I've upgraded it with all the OTA updates.

I tried HD and FHD settings, all with MP4 format. But I get a problem : for each try, the recording stops before the time limit (I tried 2 h, then 3 hours), resulting in a 1.9 GB file (approx 1 950 KB, strangely files have not exactly the same sizes, but they're very close).

Does anybody know about this ? Do I have to try anything else (another disk, another format ?) ?

Thanks a lot :)

2. Tech OD

Tech OD Member

@lc_lol, I reported this problem some time ago (I posted several times regarding this issue in the forum). Basically, you will have file size (2GB) problem if you recording in mp4 (either NTFS or FAT32). You will be OK if you recoding in ts format with NTFS. Not sure when they gonna fix the mp4 recording limit though.

3. lc_lol

lc_lol New Member

Thanks a lot @Tech OD, I'm gonna try TS ;)

4. don_bidyre

don_bidyre New Member

I'm also having issues with a 1.9gb limit.
    I'm using a high speed 32gb microSD card & have tried NTFS, which unfortunately does not seem to work.

I note however that the embedded eMMC memory (ext1) can capture larger files, but is limited by its capacity.

I'm planning to try exfat tonight, but am not hopeful.

5. don_bidyre

don_bidyre New Member

Ok, exfat was a bit of a let down.

Although the OS recognised the format (i.e., I could view it via Explorer), the HDMI-IN app would only make it available for recording on about 1 in 5 reboots, so I gave up on that & tried something different.

Until now, I had been formatting with the various formats using a Windows OS, so this time I used the Zidoo settings/storage app to "Erase" the contents of the card, which was actually a reformat because afterwards the underlying Linux OS recognised the mount as vfat instead (which my Windows system recognised as fat32).

This time, I was able to exceed the previous 1.9gb recording limit, but instead hit the fat32 file size limit of 4gb . Better, but still not enough for my requirements.

I hope the guys at Zidoo can fix this soon, as I'm generally looking to record about 8 hours worth of selected video from my main PVR overnight before a trip, so I can catch up on stuff via a tablet whilst I'm traveling, or staying away. 4gb is an improvement, but still not enough.

6. lc_lol

lc_lol New Member

I tried with TS format. It works :) Let's hope the fix is there soon, so we can also use MP4 :)

7. don_bidyre

don_bidyre New Member

Bump: Any response on this topic from the Zidoo developers?
    Can we expect to see longer recording capacities anytime soon (please)?

8. wwwilkinswu

wwwilkinswu New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

we have fixed it on v1.0.3.1, please download the latest version and thanks for your advices.

9. papiguy

papiguy Member

v1.0.3.1 installed and recording under mp4 successfully tested:
    It works but the limitation has been bypassed as the record is splitted in files of 1.9 Go.
    The quality of the record is rather good : I tested on different TV channels focusing mainly on sport (tennis, rugby, formula one).
    The main problem has been partially solved.

A further improvement should be to give the choice ; recording in a single file or splitting the record in files of 1.9 Go.

10. HoneCharles

HoneCharles Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Thank you for your suggestion, and our development team will discuss if it's need to add that

11. yankeebisbis

yankeebisbis New Member

I have recently purchased the Zidoo X9 which came with the latest frimware v1.0.4.2 but recording with mp4 format limit my recording at 1.9gb. when the recording reaches this, it stops and another one start. this happen with fat32 and NTFS formated drive. This is very annoying