Recorded material from 'HDMI In' audio plays back in 1/4 speed

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by videobruce, Aug 1, 2021.

1. videobruce

videobruce Member

On a X10;
    Apparently after loading Kodi 18.9 it looks like for some unknown reason (since I have no other explanation) that it corrupted the 'HDMI In' function that affected recordings so the video is ok, but the audio track plays back in (about) 1/4 normal speed.
    I've tried the recording on other internal players and played the recordings back on a PC and the same thing.

When recording the audio is fine (of course), it's just after it's recorded. I've tried more than one source and more than one HDMI splitter, the results are the same.

I even removed Kodi 18.9, but no change. I'm assuming it's a Codec issue, but that's my guess. I have the most recent F/W. I believe one can't re-load that same firmware over itself her can one? if not, hoe about loading a older version? I've never done either.

Ideas here welcome. I hope the above is clear enough. :confused:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

3. Sarco

With flashing you can downgrade firmware.

4. videobruce

videobruce Member

I really don't want to wipe out everything as this is the only (known) problem.
    I have to do a full "flash" to downgrade? Can I re-load the current F/W on top of what's already there?

5. Sarco

Unfortunately no. The only way is to flash!

Or reset your Box, but the result will erase everything to.

6. Sarco

You can try erasing data and cache from HDMI in app.

7. videobruce

videobruce Member

8. videobruce

videobruce Member

Update;
    It may have been the last f/w update or a combination of the two. I did try Kodi 19.1, but that didn't fix the problem (which didn't surprise me).
    I tried doing a menu reset, but the process hung at the "Hello" screen for well over an hour. So I did a hard reset with the original f/w then loaded a update with v 2.1.40 (2nd newest) and all appears to be ok.
    I haven't loaded Kodi 19.1 again, not sure I want to since I don't want to go thru all of that again. :confused:

Sarco; thanks for your help. :)

Sarco likes this.