questions and information

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Joel, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Joel

Joel New Member

Hello everybody,

Already sorry for my English !!

I am looking to change my install a little and I would like to have some clarifications regarding this X10.

Already my install:
    Dune HD Max, connected in HDMI on a Denon AVR-X4300H
    Satellite terminal The Cube connected in HDMI on the Denon
    The Denon connected in HDMI via an active cable Marseille Mcable on a Sony TV 75X8500D (4k)

1 - I would like to know if I can connect my satellite terminal to the X10 and enjoy the improvements of this X10 on the image.
    And if someone has already realized this type of connection, I would like to know his return

I would like to say that I live in Gabon, and that the quality of Canal Afrique's broadcasting is not the most wonderful, and I am aware that it is impossible to embellish masterfully an image that is not exceptional at the outset. But some improvement would be a big plus: wink:

2 - Is it possible to configure 2 audio outputs simultaneously, one on the optical output and the other on the HDMI?
    This in order to connect my headphones directly on the X10

Thanks in advance for your reviews and feedback

Joel

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i can tell you about 2, yes, sound will work on HDMI and optical at the same time, will stop if you plug in USB audio device

3. Joel

Joel New Member

Thank you HaoSs for the answer.
    I could have multi-channel on optical output ?

If nobody has connected a satellite terminal to HDMI In?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

if your decoder can decode the audio from the movies you want, yes, you can set the optical to RAW and should have all the channels you need.

Don't think so, BUT. depends on what type of signals it outputs, HDMI in app will show full screen what you input trough the hdmi in connector, if the satellite thing outputs hdcp content, you will need some cheap HDMI splinter that bypassed the protection ( illegally but who cares ? ).

P.S. HDMI in app is somewhat limited ( it was built for recording mostly )

some info here : https://www.cnx-software.com/2016/1...ing-video-recording-pip-and-udp-broadcasting/

adn here https://www.cnx-software.com/2016/1...ing-video-recording-pip-and-udp-broadcasting/

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  5. Joel

Joel New Member

The main purpose of connecting my satellite terminal is to try to improve the broadcast.

The incoming signal will be 720p or 1080i or 1080p via an active cable (Active HD)

The is a +

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

don't expect much, if any, improvements on a stream

7. Joel

Joel New Member

But my test can work?

That means watching a live TV show via the Zidoo?

I doubt if the signal is not exceptional, it will not change it totally, but if I could have a small improvement

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

should work in theory :) can't say for sure 100% until you test, but i see no real reason not to

9. Joel

Joel New Member

OK thank's