Question: My ZidooX9S / Android6 Will not allow me to Download(write) to my external drive.

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by brainkj, Nov 9, 2016.

1. brainkj

brainkj New Member

My Zidoo X9S will not allow me to Download/write to my external portable hard drive storage. It will read from this external storage.
    I believe that the Permissions Settings for external storage in Android 6 have been changed from those that applied in earlier versions of Android.

What can I do to enable my Zidoo X9S to download files to external storage, eg when using Kodi with Exodus?

2. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Android 6.0 doesn''t prefer the permission to write to the external drive. We are trying to workaround it.

3. Tapatio

Tapatio New Member

Here is info regards to MOD Full access for external SD-Card under Android 6 Marshmallow

Copy Paste from http://forum.xda-developers.com/cro.../request-mod-access-external-sd-card-t3353078

i upgraded my z3c to the new marshmallow os, but i have no natively writing access to my external sd card.
    the new api mounted my sdcard as "public:179,65" or "sd-serial". this is a crappy thing for older apps.

an example, i use grateful 1by1 music and nzb app. both apps can not use the new document provider api.
    i have no idea what i can do. in cm13 is imo a patch integrated, but it's not separately available.
    i try various mounting tools for the external sd but there doesn't work.

without full access for the sdcard the android mm is unusable for me.
    is there a way for a solution?

many thanks
    andreas

Update 1
    one only hero has a solution for our problems.

I hope the info help

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

IMO, that solution is suitable to individual user but not us.
    Edit /data/system/packages.xml everytime after installation of APP. Is it works for you?
    Why don't you just use the methods to resolve the problems?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  5. Tapatio

Tapatio New Member

Maybe To solve the Problem will be better to star working in a update from marshmallow To NOUGAT 7.1

and or make use of REMIX os

Thx