QR scan won't take

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by Mjay71, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Mjay71

Mjay71 Member

Hello,

New A-6 owner here and I haven't been able to get the app working on my iPhone because scanning the QR code just leaves me on the same page. A-6 screen says mobile and device must use same LAN. Both devices are connected to the same WiFi.

I even brought it over to my girlfriend's apt to try it there because of a WiFi issue at my place (a further question I will pose to the forum once this issue is figured out).

Is there something else I can try? Pardon my tech ignorance.

Thanks for your help.

2. Mjay71

Mjay71 Member

Never mind, solved (I think). Thanks

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Hi, it would be nice if you alse tell US how you fixed... could be of interest to others. Thank you.

4. Mjay71

Mjay71 Member

Of course. It’s rather embarrassing.

I had my girlfriend try it on her phone and it connected/recognized the a-6 right away without requiring the scan. So I gave her my much older phone and was also stumped for a minute until she turned the brightness way up on the phone and was able to see something that she selected that then made it connect.

She did it quickly and I didn’t have a chance to see it, but I think there is/was a prompt to select perhaps after the QR code was scanned that I was unable to see on this outdated phone.

It led to the latest round of being berated for not updating my phone. Ha.

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Weird. But kudo to your GF. Sometimes we cannot cope without them, uh?

Mjay71 likes this.
  6. M Usman

M Usman New Member

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue! It sounds like you've already taken some good troubleshooting steps.

For anyone else who might run into a similar problem in the future, make sure to double-check the following:

1. Wi-Fi Network: As you mentioned, both your A-6 and iPhone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. This is crucial for them to communicate.

2. App Permissions: Ensure that the app on your iPhone has the necessary permissions, like camera access, to scan the QR code.

3. Latest Updates: Keep both your A-6 and iPhone updated to the latest firmware and app versions. Sometimes, compatibility issues can be resolved through updates.

4. QR Code Clarity: Ensure that the QR code on your A-6's screen is clear and not damaged. Sometimes, glare or poor lighting can affect the scanning process.
    If you're still having any issues with QR code scanning or want to explore other options, you can also try using qrscanner.net. It's a handy online tool that provides reliable QR code scanning services. Just visit the website on your mobile device and give it a go.

Remember, technology can be tricky at times, but forums like this one are great for sharing experiences and solutions. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have, and the community here is always ready to help!

7. Baby_Clara

Baby_Clara New Member

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by experiencing issues with QR codes not working on your iPhone, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:-
    1. Check Camera Permissions:-
    -Ensure that the Camera app has the necessary permissions to access your camera. Go to Settings > Privacy > Camera, and make sure that the Camera permission is enabled for the app you're using.
    2. Clean Camera Lens:-
    -A dirty or smudged camera lens can affect QR code scanning. Wipe the camera lens with a clean, dry cloth to remove any dirt or fingerprints.
    3. Adjust Brightness:-
    -QR code scanning can be affected by lighting conditions. Ensure that the environment is well-lit and try adjusting the brightness on your iPhone. Swipe up from the bottom or down from the top right corner (depending on your iPhone model) to access Control Center, and adjust the brightness.
    4. Toggle QR Code Scanning Feature:-
    -In some cases, the QR code scanning feature may get disabled. Go to Settings > Camera and make sure the "Scan QR Codes" option is turned on.
    5. Clear Camera App Cache:-
    -Clear the cache for the Camera app by double-clicking the Home button (or swiping up from the bottom on newer iPhones) to access the App Switcher. Find the Camera app and swipe it up or off the screen to close it.
    6. Restart Your iPhone:-
    -A simple restart can sometimes resolve issues. Turn off your iPhone and then turn it back on.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, follow for more details assistance below.