Qobuz 192 khz problems (DAC Eastern Electric), Tidal application, new owner

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by Delpo74, Sep 10, 2023.

1. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Hello, new owner of the Eversolo A6, from Spain, greetings to all.

My configuration:

Eversolo --- (coax) DAC Eastern Electric Max--- (rca)Yamaha AS2100--- Proac Tablette Signature.

Problems I have found:

- Qobuz: Tracks at 192 KHZ I have small cuts, I have not been able to find the solution, by USB my Eastern Electric dac the Eversolo does not recognize it.

- Tidal application: the random playback is a total disaster, it does not organize the playlist, let's see if they fix it with an update.
    Options to normalize volume, continue playing with music of the same style, recommendations, none of that exists, the application seems as basic as possible to me.

-Internet Radio Beta: It does not recognize a single local station, you have to do it through Tunein, with advertising, cuts, etc. (Bluesound included it for free), let's see if they can get it with later updates.

I have only been able to do tests for one afternoon, I will continue testing to see if in the end it convinces me and I do not make the return and return to my Bluesound system that did not have any of these problems.

Greetings.

2. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

Each of your problems has been reported and discussed in the DMP-A6 thread. Hopefully Eversolo will correct them in the next firmware update.

3. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Well, I have read the entire thread, and I had not seen anything, I apologize and let's wait for that update shortly, as I'm sure they will get to work on it.

Thank you for your reply.

4. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

As an example, see the last comment on the below post "Eversolo does not see USB DAC".

5. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

True, I just saw it with a DAC Gustard.

Indeed, through coaxial it does recognize my Eastern Electric DAC, nothing through USB.

As for the random playback in tidal and its ordering in the playlist, I have not seen anything, I will be waiting for future updates.

That said, thank you for your response.

6. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

The difference between coax and USB DAC recognition is also explained.

7. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Sorry, I do not understand?

I suppose that the resolution through the coaxial connection is lower than through USB.

8. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

No, the USB and coax outputs use different software for their DAC recognition data base.

9. Riley

Riley Member

I'm not that familiar with this dac, it seems to be pretty old in cutting edge dac tech years with reviews going back to 2010 ? The first review from 6Moons I find mentions it had problems handling anything over 16bit/44.1khz over usb. Perhaps some of that has been updated since that review. To me, it seems many people that had invested in a dac prior to buying the Eversolo or are so attached to it that they tend to try to integrate it whether it's the best sounding option or not. May be worth giving the internal dac in the Eversolo a chance.

I wouldn't get too attached to the pre-installed Radio app, for me, it's much simpler to wirelessly stream internet radio from my favorite apps on my iphone or ipad via bluetooth or airplay to the Eversolo or from the Smart TV / Apple TV apps via optical to the Eversolo. Much easier to navigate and find my favorite stations on devices.

10. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Good morning, it is the Plus version, which was improved with the USB output.

It's old, true... but the sound you get is of a high quality.

I have to do tests and give Eversolo's internal DAC a try, I don't rule it out at all, there are times when you get surprises.

I also did it with the node and there was no color, the sound I get connected to that DAC is much better than with the node internal DAC.