Problems with apps and Kodi Omega

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by kaernesto, Jan 6, 2024.

1. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

I have a new ZX9pro and unfortunately I have a few problems:
    • Some apps from the Google Play Store are installed, but are not displayed in the apps (prime, ARD, etc.)
    • Netflix can be called up, but cannot be operated via the remote control (only the mouse mode responds). You can't even select the user.
    • I would like to install the new version of KODI (Omega) on my ZX9pro via apk (kodi-21.0-Omega_beta2-arm64-v8a.apk). It "installs" very quickly, but nothing changes.
    • I would like to call up the info from Kodi, but can only call up the Zidoo info via the remote button. Is there a possibility here (except via a keyboard)
    Many thanks and best regards, Ernst

2. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

3 - you need the armeabi-v7a (armv7) version, which is also 32bit. But, why not just use the latest ZDMC?

3. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

Thanks for the tip, but this is the Nexus version I have installed. I wanted to test Omega, which is supposed to have fixed a number of problems.
    I thought ZDMC and Kodi were identical??? I will give it a try.

4. Oldpainless

Yes and no. ZDMC is a fork of Kodi by Zidoo, that uses the zidoo player for most content, so you get the best of both worlds.

20.2 is the latest ZDMC, and can be found here: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zdmc-matrix-v20.95414/page-3

5. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

Okay, thanks. I have installed it, but I don't really notice any difference to Kodi. It's also based on the Nexus version.
    Unfortunately you can't transfer the Kodi backup to ZMDX, I had to set everything up again.
    But I'll leave it as the default setting for now.

6. Oldpainless

Have you selected use external player in ZDMC settings?

7. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

No, thanks

8. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

I have now configured everything (Skin Aeon Nox Silvio). Two questions:
    • Unfortunately, I can no longer find a way to show the time (elapsed, remaining time) during video playback. I need this for training videos.
    • Do you have any idea how to call up the ZMDC info (keyboard "i") via the remote control?
    Greetings, Ernest

9. Oldpainless

? Have you pressed the "info" button on the bottom of the Zidoo remote control?

10. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

Yes, but then the info from the player is displayed and not the info from ZDMC. Unfortunately, this only works via a connected keyboard.

11. Oldpainless

Using external player means that the info displayed is from the Zidoo player itself, and not ZDMC. Unless I have misunderstood what you are asking for?

12. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

Thank you. Maybe there is a solution from Logitech for my Harmony remote control.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
    Oldpainless likes this.
  13. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

I have another problem, maybe you can help me:
    Is there an instruction on how to add movies to a collection in Zidoo Home Theater 3.0 and how to edit collections manually?
    I have not found anything useful. Greetings, Ernest

14. Oldpainless

You would be better to ask in the main forum for that.