Problem with SMB/NFS shares access

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by GoldBar, Dec 22, 2023.

1. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

I recently replaced an old X9S with Z9X Pro, and was able to access shared local folders connected to NAS (QNAP). No issues.
    A few days ago this access stopped working (can't explain why) and the network shares are not visible anymore within the Z9X Pro...both via SMB and NFS. Problem exist with Ethernet\WiFi... static IP or DHCP.
    The unit is connected, Samba is on and is visible on my PC.
    As a test I put back the old X9S and it connects easily via both SMB and NFS.

Looks as if some setting got corrupt or affected during normal use ... or there is a bug needs fixing.
    Any suggestions what to do?

2. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

A factory reset solved the problem.
    Looks like the box somehow altered or corrupted internal setting not allowing it to access shared folders via SMB /NFS, both in HT4 and ZDMC
    I hope that Zidoo team can look into this as its a big waste of time reinstalling the box !!!

3. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Turns out the problem is that Zidoo can't access SMB shares on the network when PIA VPN is active. Maybe this is the case also with other VPN services.
    Since many people are using PIA VPN, this can be a big issue. Hope that Zidoo can fix this in the next update

4. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

probably a PIA problem. I have the same with Hide.me..but they have an option to allow the local network.

As there is no receiving VPN on the zidoo..it refuses connection.