[Problem solved] Problem with SD card slot, help please!

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mr_andriod, Jan 26, 2017.

1. mr_andriod

mr_andriod New Member

Hi I recently purchased a X9S and encounter the problem of the SD card being stuck inside the slot. Just wondering if I have a faulty SD slot as I have tried the usual push to eject method but the SD card refuse to budge. Also tried the eject option inside the OS but it just unmounted the SD card without ejecting the card from the slot. Also data could be read from the card, just cannot remove the SD card from the slot. Did a quick google search and it seems like no one else have this problem so I decided to make a post to ask for help and advise.

Edit: from the Chinese chat group it seems like a few users encountered this problem as well with the spring not working and the solution was to open up the casing or use a tweezer to remove it. Contacted the seller regarding this and waiting for a reply to see if it is okay to remove the casing without voiding the warranty since there is a warranty seal on one of the screws.

Edit2: Problem solved by using a tweezer to slowly dig the SD card out and somehow I am now able to eject the SD card just by pushing gently. Thanks to those who commented!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there is no eject in the OS. SD card slot has a spring in it, if the spring does not work. only solution i can think off is to remove the aluminium cover and work from there. ( not sure where you got it from, but should not affect waranty if you are carefull )

mr_andriod likes this.
  3. linch

linch New Member

So i had the same problem..... solved pushing the reset button.

mr_andriod likes this.
  4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

hmmm... reset button should not have any physical connection with the sd card slot.

5. mr_andriod

mr_andriod New Member

Hey thanks for the advise, I was able to remove the SD card with the help of a tweezer!

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i see. so the spring is not working properly. does it clic when you insert it ?