Power Off and Boot animation

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by DragonFly, Jul 18, 2015.

1. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

The Power Off options are a big PLUS compared to the X9, However there are some drawbacks.
    • Having both the X9 and X1 in the same room, I sometimes accidentally powered on the X1 while using the X9. This should normally not be a problem. However, you can power ON the X1 without having your TV on, but you cannot Power OFF without your TV on because it needs user interaction.

To overcome that, there should really be a default option for the user to choose from. Like "Stand by" - do this every time. Also there should be no user interaction needed after a Power Off option is chosen. So no more "Your box will shutdown" waiting for "ok" pop-up. All this should be easy to accomplish.

As I said, these Power options are a big plus compared to the X9. Can this be implemented in the X9 or is this not possible due to different hardware?
    • The boot animation background is not pure black. On the black background of a LED TV, the dark grayish 525 x 596 Pixels rectangle is clearly visible on a otherwise full black screen. This is because the anim's background is RGB(1,1,1) and should be RGB(o,o,o) for pure black.

2. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Yes you can power off the X1 without having your TV on.

I have my X1 connected to a power extension lead and when I switch this on in the morning the X1 automatically starts, which can be of use but for me, not necessary.

So what I do is give it a minute or two to boot up and then just hold down the power button on the remote for a few seconds and it powers itself off again without further interaction.

The similarly H3 based X2 box does allow you to switch off without it being woken on restoration of power but still with the ability for the remote to wake it up when required and I would prefer to see this functionality on the X1 too.

3. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

Hadn't tried holding down the power button, that works!
    Still, it could be useful choosing between fully powering off or standby as the default action

4. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Yes that is a good idea to have the choice and perhaps additionally have it set so that if held down for a set number of seconds it would power it off.

Best of both worlds.

5. spring

spring Guest

Long press powerkey to power it off.