Power cord upgrade

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Noerjew, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Hello,
    What would be a suitable power cord upgrade for the Eversolo dmp-a6? I have tried a Supra LoRad SPC but apparently the c15 connector doesn't fit the Eversolo very well and it doesn't want to power up...
    Thanks for your advice!

2. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

I use a simple shielded power cord from Amazon (audiocrast). With OFC and slightly thicker leads (4mm2?). And good IEC (I thought) C14 connectors.

3. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Thanks!

4. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I took this one:

Screenshot 2023-08-06 184817.png

and it fits perfect.

Hannibal_ likes this.
  5. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Strange... the same connectors...

Hannibal_ likes this.
  6. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Jeez… I can’t believe in this day and age that anyone would blow €100 on a mains cable. Absolute nonsense. Please don’t bother telling me you can hear the difference. You can’t.

octavius, Nutul and Xyzzy like this.
  7. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

you can actually hear differences but doesn’t have to cost that much.
    When you filter the AC coming in it makes sense to have shielding on the cable if it runs by interfering stuff.

imb OFC is not particularly important but thicker leads don’t harm.

as said, it doesn’t have to cost the world.
    But if jou plan g in a filtered & conditioned outlet, do use a shielded one.

8. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Why does the dog lick its own tail?
    Because he can!
    Why do I spend 100 euros on a power cable?

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Of course you can, nobody will keep you from doing it.
    The fact that you are doing a silly thing, though, this cannot be subjective.
    I do my mains (shielded) cables myself. They look better and more "professional" than the shown one, and cost 1/10.

Then, of course, you can argue you have no skills to make them yourself; but this doesn't bring the "silly thing" out of the equation. 100 EUR for a 1.5 m cable is pure nonsense.

10. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

11. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Use the one in the box, it's a good sturdy cable. I've stopped buying power cables many years ago can't believe how naive I was back then.

Nutul likes this.
  12. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

I believe it depends on how current-hungry your device is. DMP-A6 is definitely a low power consuming appliance.
    I can certainly hear the difference when power cable is changed on power amp (not only changing from Ali cable to brand cable, also when changing from Nordost Red Dawn to Nordost Heimdall)
    Just out of curiosity I tried to change power cable on CA 851N and Eversolo DMP-A6 since I have a spare one (Nordost Red Dawn). I did not hear the difference.
    Now my DMP-A6 is powered from Ali Audiocrast OFC 99.9999 cable costing about 20$ (AC SA-OF6N)

13. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Agreed maybe a big tube power amp, but this streamer the cable that came with it will suffice. Enjoy the music!!