Potential Fix For Freezes at beginning of every video

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

This prob will only work for a few people, but to stop the freezes whenever a video would start, I had to set Optical to Auto (even though I have no optical cord attached) it fixed the freezes I would get with every video I tried to play. I know it does not make a lot of sense but I have fiddled with it enough to know that it's the cause of my problem cause switching it back to off causes it to freeze on every video I try to play. just shows how messed up their boxes are when the setting for the optical that's not being used, is causing issues.

2. xskip

xskip Active Member

3. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

I wanted to try changing these settings for an experiment, but I didn’t find such an item for an optical parameter in the menu

4. johnnyquest

johnnyquest New Member

Does the freezing only happen on 4k videos or the type of files? I currently own the Z20 PRO & have a Denon receiver with my 1080 plasma TV. I have never had any problems with freezing & all of my video files are mkv.

5. Nicholas Hewitt

try looking in Audio...

6. Nicholas Hewitt

no! freezing happens with all content, 4k, 1080p, Dolby Vision. HDR.MKV, WEB-DL. it all freezes with the optical option set to off

7. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

UHD5000 does not have such an item in the menu!

8. Nicholas Hewitt

That sounds weird. Maybe someone else that has a UHD5000 can help.

9. imeDB

imeDB New Member

Audio/SPDIF audio menu

10. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

I also have SPDIF audio menu

I was looking for an optic setting)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  11. Nicholas Hewitt

optical is spdif. I should have been more clear.

misichavichus likes this.