Poster wall scan crash on internal HDD in Z2000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Ivusking, Mar 29, 2024.

?

Poster wall crash on internal or external drives?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ivusking

Ivusking New Member

Recently I ran into a problem with the poster wall scanning.

I have an internal 8TB WD red drive, newly formatted as NTFS. I use the latest 1.0.75_G firmware and my device is a Z2000 pro, bought last November.

It all was working well. Approximately 80 movies and 205 Music DVDs copied to the drive. Poster wall was active and running well. I think it could scan 75%. The full size of all the files is close to 4TB

However, suddenly when switching the device on, and seconds after booting it went back to idle with the orange light on of the power button. Strangely, the display with time stayed on.

At first I thought the HDD was corrupted, however, worked well once into a USB docking station connected to a W10 PC. I decided to reformat the drive and to copy all the files to it again in the docking station. At the same time, I ordered a new one and formatted that one also NTFS and copied all the files of the first drive to this one too and to keep it as backup (all the files I do have stored on NAS devices as well as backup).

After this reformatting and copying work, I inserted the HDD again into the Z2000 and same problems again, crash after initial boot. So I decided to delete al the files except one movie and inserted the drive back in. That worked and it was scanned by the poster wall. After this I copied first all of the movies over the network using SMB, 80, files. That worked and after that half of the music files and still working well. Finally I copied the rest of the files as well and to my surprise the poster wall was completed.

However, and a big bummer, when I performed a drive action, by going to the files on the drive it crashed again while browsing.

The files on the drive are accessible again when I disconnect the drive, delete the device settings and reinsert the drive. I can play the files as long as I do not scan for the poster wall. But that is not what I would like as the poster wall is great for browsing and selecting the movies you would like to see.

If I let the poster wall scan the shares on the NAS drives with the files it works well.

So there must be a bug in the poster wall scanning when the files are on an internal HDD.

Is this a known bug? Is there anyone who has encountered this same problem. So far it took me more than a week to figure out where the problem was and it drives me nuts.