Poster wall correct scraping

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by badboyxx, Sep 29, 2022.

1. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Hello guys,

I have my problems with poster wall.

My DVD films are not recognised in the correct format. They are packed in a DVD structure as ISO and the file name contains the word DVD. After scraping, the Blu-ray symbol is displayed on the cover and in poster wall it has recognised a Blu-ray and a DVD in the film details for one film.
    How can this be? What am I doing wrong?
    Do I have to remove the Blu-ray tick manually each time via the web browser?

If a documentary movie first came out as a TV show and there is later a Blu-ray or DVD of it, how do I have to scrape it correctly so that I have it as a movie? In that sense it's no longer a series, is it?

Regards
    badboyxx

2. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

On the 2nd point, how is it classified on TVDB or TMDB? The format of media it was released on won't impact how the content is classified.

If you can, share the title/link for confirmation.

3. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Here is an example link:
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/90790-one-planet-seven-worlds?language=de-DE

The whole season has 7 episodes and the released Blu-ray pay version has 3 discs. So how should I scrape it correctly? One disc includes more than one episode.

As you can see, there are also some german poster available on the tmdb link but after scraping I cannot choose them, they are not present in poster wall.

I hope I could explain it a little bit understandable.

4. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Yeah that's still a TV series. if you have each disc as an ISO, you would do Series Name - S01E01-03.iso or S01E01E02E03.iso (I'm not sure which) and that should scan the individual episodes from each ISO.

5. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Did I understand that correctly? Rename the filename according to the episodes?

6. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

7. Carlton Kid

Carlton Kid New Member

Did you find a solution to the DVD problem ? I have the same issue, every DVD iso shows as BD. I know id Zidoo sees ISO it is automatically identified as a BD disc, CRAZY or what !!!!

8. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

No, no solution yet.

9. Carlton Kid

Carlton Kid New Member

OK, I found the answer yesterday afternoon. Quite simple really. First you need a folder with the name of the movie etc, then inside that folder you need a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder which you then extract the contents of the DVD ISO to. If you leave the ISO in the folder it will just be recognised as a BD disk so better to put all the ISOs in a backup folder. The covers will then show DVD but there are still many bugs in the software and in my case one of my DVDs the label just disappeared, I have no idea why. All Zidoo firmware should be considered beta. Hope this works for you.

10. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Thanks for the info. I will try that.

11. Jhon:1010

Jhon:1010 New Member

Good information Badboy keep up the good work and I think it is useful to us

12. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Yes, that workaround works. It will show you automatically the DVD label when you extract the ISO file but I tried it only with one file.

13. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

To rip the disk you could use a very old program called DVDShrink and set the compression to 0%, that means you will end up with a VIDEO_TS folder containing the uncompressed video files (VOBS and IFO's and BUP's) and an empty, as usual AUDIO_TS folder. Just put those in a folder called by the Movie name. Just removes the need to make an ISO and then extract. Being an old program it may not decrypt some of the newer encryption methods on DVD's although it has worked for me on my DVD's.

ISO because there are several flavours of ISO has in the case of Zidoo been reserved for BD discs. So it is unlikely that will change as DVD's go out of use in favour of BD and UHD BD. For me this is a non problem, simply use the format that is appropriate for the media
    ISO = BD
    VIDEO_TS folder = DVD

From Google on definitions
    As of April 2022, the ISO has developed over 24,261 standards, covering everything from manufactured products and technology to food safety, agriculture, and healthcare.

14. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

As "ISO" files can represent CD's, DVD's, Blu ray and UHD BD, how do you differentiate? Currently there are 24,261 other "ISO" standards. So which one does Zidoo choose? Eventually DVD's will give way to BD or UHF BD discs. I have a bunch of very old CD rips of music to ISO.