Plex Media Server

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by MyMiniRocks, May 2, 2024.

1. MyMiniRocks

MyMiniRocks New Member

Hi All,
    I’ve just made my payment for a new DMP-A6 and I can’t wait for it to arrive.

To tide me over waiting for delivery, I thought I’d reach out to the community and see if anyone has any ideas on if there would be any way Plex Media Server may one day be able to run on the A6?

With the NVMe drive, the Quad Core ARM Processor and the screen/screen mirror, this could be an excellent option as a media server.

Any chance? Am I dreaming?

2. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Very unlikely. LMS needs to run elsewhere although EverSolo have introduced a Squeeze Connect app in the latest firmware that allows you to connect to an LMS and to then use the DMP as a player.

3. audio58

audio58 Active Member

I use plex all the time, since July last year. Have it on your network server, and then map the A6 to it. Works like a charm..the standard way to search for music on the A6 is terrible. They should have added Chromecast a long time ago.

4. MyMiniRocks

MyMiniRocks New Member

I run a PMS on my Mac upstairs and clients all over the house (Apple TV, ShieldTV, individual computers and family devices) but I do not have Ethernet, only WiFi, so I was hoping the A6, being it will be in the rack in the main lounge room, might be able to become the PMS as it will then be in close proximity to the main TV.

I had an android device once before that I managed to install a sandboxed lite Linux version and then installed the Linux version of PMS. It worked, in theory, but was not reliable enough in practice.
    Anyway, I think the possibilities of what might be able to be done with this device are exciting with that ARM processor and the Android OS, some very clever people out there are going to find some interesting use cases.
    Meanwhile……. I’m counting fown the days till delivery.

5. MyMiniRocks

MyMiniRocks New Member

It’s here!!! And oh my god isn’t it gorgeous! I’ve installed the SSD and powered it on, a couple updates, downloaded Apple Music, set it to the internal SD for downloads and currently downloading my entire library in HiRes Lossless.

It’s beautiful!