Plex, Exoplayer and general playback issues + HT4 not playing links

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by RandoMe, Aug 18, 2023.

1. RandoMe

RandoMe New Member

Exoplayer seems to not work when trying to play media, at least high bitrate content.
    Additionally it won't play DV content for whatever reason.
    I think plex is affected by it and none of my remuxes seem to play, only encodes I did.

I also can't seem to open http links to mkv files in HT4, I get a message saying can't play video whenever I try.

Additionally I can't get DV to play from VLC or other players, they all default to hdr10 for some reason, unless I force the z9x pro into DV hdr mode in the advanced settings
    Some fail to play at all and give a green screen and play audio (mpv), some turn the display off and play nothing (nova), some get stuck (exoplayer based) and some just don't play DV (VLC)

Does anyone have any experience with this or any idea how to resolve these issues?

2. zhongkeyuanict

zhongkeyuanict New Member

I have the same problem. When I use Plex(based on exoplayer) to play high bitrate sound track(True-HD), it would stuck. But HT4 works.

3. andy22

andy22 Active Member

That's a common issue, basically all none "Android TV" boxes use there own custom playback API/layer/wrapper.
    This means normal Exoplayer based players are never really tested or guaranteed to work, since the preinstalled "native" HT/player apps directly uses there own custom playback code.
    Parts of the pipeline are still using normal android playback capabilities, but depending on the SoC SDK some features simply get lost or are never up-streamed into Exoplayer.

So in general never assume that any Android 6/9/11/13 based box will work fully with any normal playstore media app.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023