Please can we have the A6 VU meters on the Z8?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by Hawkmoon, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon Member

Please Zidoo ? Show Z8 users some love?

2. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

Agree

Tien Tien likes this.
  3. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Yes, it would be great if something happened to the otherwise lovely dacs Z6/Z8, for example spectrum analysis, vu meter, and the nice icons (XLR/RCA...etc)

Peter Wallop, Nutul and atomic garden like this.
  4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Totally agree... there is still the hidden .54 version nobody cares to render public, nor describe what are its benefits...
    And the new VUs / FFT are side processes that need no special implementation, so, dev-team Eversolo... let's make a present to all the Z6/Z8 happy purchasers out there, and make them happier, uh?

5. Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon Member

Well bad news - I reached out to EverSolo via facebook messaging their fb page and their response: we have no plans to implement the A6 VU meters etc on the Z8

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

So in a couple of hours I will post a huge complain on their page.
    Not even a silly thing as graphical gimmick?!? Not professional, neither caring of the people having trusted their SOTA DAC and spread the word all around...

7. Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon Member

I think what would be most effective is if EVERYONE on here with a z6 or z8 messages them via their facebook page and asks for this as well as maybe using X if they have an X account

Glerup71 and Nutul like this.
  8. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

So the new DMP-A6/A8 streamers, killed the real good dacs Z6/Z8....!!! :(:(:(

atomic garden and Nutul like this.
  9. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Sorry I don’t own the Z6/Z8 but I thought they already have the VU meters?

If not then it’s really unfair, I also expect them to update it with the spectrum analyser too.

@mirror these are excellent DACs, the Z8 has been measured to be in the top 10 best DAC in the world and in that group the ranking is just on paper but technically they’re all transparent. I hope Zidoo can show some love to it and that will also mean an appreciation to the owners. I don’t think it’s that hard to do, I’m not a dev but can’t it just port over the codes from the A6?

atomic garden, Nutul and Peter Wallop like this.
  10. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

If only we could get rid of the ugly color spots so that it was easier to read the text, and then change the 2 VU meters that also have spots, that would be a great help:)
    And then make an option for fixed and variable volume, then I would actually be a happy man

Peter Wallop, atomic garden and Nutul like this.
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You f***ing read my mind, @Glerup71... totally agree.
    Although I believe that it would be better for us to complain in the FB page...