Playing amazon music on z9x.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ulna68, Mar 4, 2023.

1. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I have an amazon music unlimited account. I managed to install amazon music app on z9x, but I have two problems:
    1. it is not possible to control this application with a remote control from Zidoo, is it possible, for example, to connect a regular cable mouse and control it with it??
    2. I want to play music in dolby atmos, the application shows that there is a dolby atmos version, but my marantz sr6010 receiver only shows pcm stereo, can I do something about it?? any setting in app or zidoo??

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi @ulna68 -I can only answer 1. and that is with a yes. I use a normal desktop bluetooth/wireless mouse with TIDAL and it can be really useful too when ploughing through all apps and Ziddo settings.

3. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

the mouse worked with some resistance under z9x, but it also worked under the amazon music app.
    but still can't get the dolby atmos sound to play, the receiver only shows pcm stereo, even though it shows me atmos sound is available, i just want to listen to dire straits i've been a fan for 30 years...

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

The mouse should work flawlessly - in Advanced Settings - right at bottom go into those settings and just check there's no setting for your type of mouse. My Bluetooth one needed to be paired but a USB cable one should just work, limited only by the length of cable :)

I can play TIDAL Atmos tracks fine. In TIDAL I need to select "HiFi" or "Master" (the latter for MQA files) not sure if there's a similar setting in Amazon Music's specs and check your Zidoo's specs (I'm not in front of mine right now) but have a look. I use UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) 85% of the time through my attached DAC, rather than Music Player 7 as it is far better. But whichever player I use, I can play Atmos albums/tracks (when available) and MCH recordings with no issues. Have a look too in your Marantz sr6010 Receiver's settings, in case you've missed something.