Plain English Easy to Follow Technical Support

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Somchai, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Somchai

Somchai New Member

This is my first venture into Android set-top boxes-so I am a complete noob.

I have been running Kodi for a while on my PC via Ethernet using various TV-Addons. Excellent quality streaming hardly any buffering.

This is on a 10/1Mb internet connection.

Fancying a bit of comfort I decided that streaming via WiFi to my TV was the way to go. I did a fair bit of research into boxes available here in Thailand and the X6 got some decent reviews(Paid??). So I bought one for around £70.

Expecting a box I could literally Plug and Play was in hindsight clearly a bit naive of me. However I am not stupid and can read instructions and follow them. Sadly there aren't any meaningful instructing aside from You-Tube videos and this forum(thanks for the help posted here).

So enough background lest you fall asleep.

Some questions:

1. Why does Kodi work well on my PC(Ubuntu system) but is terrible on my TV via the X6, huge buffering, stuttering, and lip sync issues as well as freezing to name but a few of my problems. Native apps like FilmOn for example work better but there are still buffering issues not found on my PC.
    Would it work better with Ethernet connection to X6-sort of defeats the object of why I bought it if this is the case?

2. Why have there been so many issues of firmware? I get the idea purchasers are more like Beta testers! I was sold the device with all the blurb about being well matched with Kodi-mine is NOT.

3. Technical(to me) terms like root/unroot, flashing(thought that was an offence) are not explained in understandable English. Why is there not a simple guide for the product especially for inexperienced users like me?

At the moment I am feeling I wasted my money or at least bought and expensive media player for playing stuff from a USB stick. OK mirroring now works with my iPad but the quality is much worse than displayed on the source device.

Sorry for this long "rant" I appreciate that there is support and that not everyone is a native English speaker like me.

Router is ASUS RT-N12HP
    Firmware is 1.0.27