Picture quality when using an IPTV service

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Phill, May 25, 2016.

1. Phill

Phill New Member

I purchased the X6 Pro due to the excellent review I saw on Full HD IPTV, but I am having a slight problem.
    I have been using a MX2 up to know and I must admit the picture while using the IPTV service was very very good full HD, they have there own Android app no Kodi needed.
    But the guy reviewed the X6 Pro on there website had said it was even better on the X6 pro.
    The problem is that the picture is just not as sharp "soft" is the only way I can describe it.
    I have updated the software on the X6 Pro, set the resolution to Auto, and tried changing the settings manually, but to no better effect, the only thing that is weird is the resolution could be set to 1080p on my old box but the max on the X6 Pro is 720p?
    Can anyone help with any advise as I am really dissapointed in the picture quality.
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Adl

Adl Member

Zidoo doesn't support iptv services.
    IP tv services are app from other users. So here is no support for them.
    Ask iptv app developer.

3. Phill

Phill New Member

I dont understand the app is an Android app so are you saying Zidoo cannot support all Android apps, and why have other people been saying how good it is using this box with IPTV software ?

4. Paulus

Paulus Member

Hi Phill,
    if the issue is only the "quality of images" coming from the IPTV app (but it's fine viewing local movies from Zidoo native player or ZDMC) the problem could be in the player used from the IPTV app itself.
    I mean, there are several apps to watch IPTV channels and mostly use their "native" player or give you the possibility to use an external video player (i.e. MX Pro, VLC....) instead of native one (changing configuration inside app).

Have you tried different IPTV apps ?
    Have you tried to use "external video player" instead of the IPTV native app ?
    Have you tried to install the IPTV apk from your old box onto X6 (if available) ?

By the way, in my very little experience, I noticed different image behaviours from one IPTV app to another. So, please try another (or many) apps and let us know about results.

5. Phill

Phill New Member

This is all pictures including films on the sd card, and the IPTV app worked perfectly on my MX box, it has its own player built in, but as I say everything even the desktop menu looks "soft" not sharp like the MX Box

6. Paulus

Paulus Member

Sorry Phill, but I didn't understand if you can get only up to 720p from your X6 HDMI output (no 1080p ).
    If yes, it's very strange. Have you already tried to change HDMI cable ?

7. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

You say that you've tried setting the X6 resolution manually, but that 720 is the max available setting? That shouldn't be happening. For example, my X6 is currently connected to an old TV that runs on the X6's 1920x1080p 60hz System> Display >HDMI Mode setting. Try powering down and reconnecting your video cable or test your X6 on another HD TV.

8. Phill

Phill New Member

I have and changed the HDMI cable it still only shows a max of 720p, this would explain the soft look to the picture even on the home screen
    Re-booted lots of times, the same. Connected my MX box and went to 1080p no trouble
    Is there any way to change the resolution apart from the one in settings

Attached Files:

9. Paulus

Paulus Member

This is very strange. All the 1080p are missing.
    Do you have the possibility to move the X6 on another TV ? Maybe some friend ?

10. Phill

Phill New Member

Not really I am in the middle of nowhere, is there anyway to change the res apart from in the settings menu

11. Paulus

Paulus Member

No, sorry. As far as I know the display settings can only be changed in "settings", with only HDMI/CVBS output exception.
    It can be changed also from remote (display key just below the "red key").
    Hopefully someone else can support you, here on forum. But if you already tried different cables, it could be a defective unit.
    Last try: did you resetted the unit to default (losing your configs) ? By the way, do you have the last firmware ?

12. Phill

Phill New Member

Yes latest firmware, I think I will just have to send it back and get a different unit thanks for your help

13. Paulus

Paulus Member

Just try before to reset the X6 to factory default.
    For sure the "soft image" is related to "low" resolution (I tried to lower to 720p on my X6 amd I see what you mean on my monitor).
    By the way, this is the very first time that I see on forum an issue like your. Most of the TV issues here were related to HDMI cables, but there is always a first time ;)

14. Phill

Phill New Member

A BIG THANK YOU to all you guys that helped with advice, I did a factory reset, and 1080p came back and the picture is superb !!!!!
    Now I have 1 slight problem I cant setup and sign in to Google Play store I get the "There was a problem communicating with Google server" message. I have read the other thread and updated Google Store and Play, so I used the one root and tried the Es File explorer host file fix, but still no luck, can anyone suggest anything else to try?

15. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

WiFi or Ethernet connection?
    Able to browse internet from X6 when you try to register on Google Plat Store?
    Have you tried to register your device using android native menu inside Settings --> Accounts?
    If you already have a Google one in that menu, try to erase it, and then reboot device, then register it in the same menu.

Indeed, on my X6 i never had this problem.
    Instead this happened me some times on others android devices, and solved after some troubles Googling around for this issue, really not so rare.
    There is not a single solution.

16. Phill

Phill New Member

Wifi and Ethernet both are working and browses the net fine, tried from accounts but it just goes to the normal Google page to setup or use existing account, I will try removing Google One?, I have seen also that once the X6 is rooted it will no longer update, can I un-root when I need to update it, thanks for your help by the way :), just checked the only Google One I have is One time set up, cant remove tried deleting data and cache

17. Paulus

Paulus Member

Hi again Phill,

I'm glad that you solved your 1080p issue :)
    Before to do something irreversible (another factory default reset) try before to go in the Google Play (and Services) configuration (Config/App/Google Play Store) and clean all data/cache). Then restart GPlay.
    By the way, the very first time better to do all the Account setup connected on LAN (and using a keyboard, not the Remote Control !!).
    You can also check this topic:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/google-play-connection-error.1662/

There you can find some alternative solution to these suggested you by PacoRabanne and me.
    By the way, you can try also APtoide, already installed in X6 ...

18. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I wrote Google "one", not Google "One", "one" in this case is near the same as "this" ;)
    Anyway, good luck!