Photo and video files from own webspace

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Odenor, May 6, 2016.

1. Odenor

Odenor New Member

Hi, friends! I have webspace from my provider and hold there all my photos and videos.How to setup zidoo x6 to watch the files directly from this webspace?Spend 2 weeks already and without success...On PC i can put the link provided to share (i can just select folder and click "share" and will get link for folder) and can see all videos directly but on zidoo cannot find the way to do it.Any advice will be very appreciated, if possible step by step. Many thanks for advice from guru..

2. Adl

Adl Member

from file manager, in zdmc, add location and select ftp, webdav, https etc.

3. Odenor

Odenor New Member

may be possible to describe exacly how to link to webaddress ... What to select exactly to get access to video files or photos located on cloud of my provider.may be to be able to go to folders on cloud and inside of folders start up any video file or photo folders with photos... maksimum details where and how to put the path...thanks in advance

4. HoneCharles

HoneCharles Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Why not use the browser or the matching application.

5. Adl

Adl Member

In zdmc, at system, file manager, add location and select ftp, webdav, https , smb, etc.
    or ask your ISP.

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

It's hard to imagine a webspace provider have not a android client.
    A client will allow you view and share your photo ,documnet, videos on your cellphone, and also on android box.

7. Odenor

Odenor New Member

Yes, i have client.Now i can play small files directly(mp4) but when try to play big files ... Let say 5 gb .. I see on screen insufficient storage space ... Or cannot play... If i use same file from hard disk -no problems.. But how to play directly (stream) from network?

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Seems that you "systems" (i.e. the whole including web provider, client and media player) needs to download media file on X6 to play it, and this may explain the problem (not totally sure, but better the nothing).
    It your media files are directly accessible through a URL (like http://host/file.avi , but is only a rough example), try to play it directly (i.e. not through your provider client) using MX Player, that is able to play streams of this kind directly.
    If it's OK with MX Player, you may need to "publish" yourself a media streaming service on your web space.
    Else you need a web media browser able to "connect" a URL to your media player app.
    Some Android file manager can do it.

9. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

I think so.

10. Odenor

Odenor New Member

Dear Friends! I am still fight with same issue. Hopefully somebody can help . I have client on the box and see all files. When tried to click it going to download to the box. But I do not like to download but want to stream the video from URL address. ( or watch photos as well directly from web space)
    Actually when downloaded 1 or 2 files depend on size I have no more space on the box...
    When I hold the button and coming MENU I tried to select MX player but coming window and says I cannot play this file. Of course I can play directly from Ipad or PC.
    Please see attached URL. I just dropped the link to one file.... How to play video directly from URL without downloading to the box?
    This is just example

www.getsky.no/p/get-63970802/dca2fc46870d415bab9caa9733b131a3

to put such addresses every time also not possible... better to navigate via app ... as I have it already. But still cannot manage to play all my videos directly from my webspace...
    May be your advice step by step can help me to establish the way to watch my videos directly from my webspace.
    Thanks in advance.

11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Well, you must understand the difference between file hosting and file streaming.
    In hosting case, when you "request" a file, is downloaded to device (memory, usually on storage memory). Some player are able to play that file during download, other only when fully downloaded.
    In both cases you fill your device storeage...

In streaming case, is used a different protocol and procedure. Usually in the player device is used only a temporary cache memory (RAM, most probable) to keep data flux continuos, and the flux of bits is handled directly by the player to show the movie or play the music (and maybe show the photos).
    But for streaming, besides a streaming capable player, is needed a streaming server where the multimedia files are hosted.
    I think you are still trying to play file that are only "downloadable", if you provider don't offer also streaming service.
    Web service doesn't means necessarily also streaming service.

Sorry if this don't satisfy your needs.
    Ask support to your web service provider.

(of course I may be wrong...)

12. Odenor

Odenor New Member

But when I enter to files on server I can see all video files with sign play on the video.When I click the sign the play going right away.Same from ipad... Play goong immediatelly without downloading to pc or ipad... Mean provider able to provide streeming.
    If sownloading cash to play shall not occupy all space.. Also not good to wait video file for 6gb when download instead to watch it right away... Shall be some ay how to do it.. Any mor advices from guru?

13. Odenor

Odenor New Member

Also i can see button download next to PLAY sign... Mean I can play or download the file but x6 not allow me to watch videos dirctly from web space