PDF manual and rec from HDMI

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by zago84, Sep 28, 2016.

1. zago84

zago84 New Member

Hello, today I received a brand new X9S and it's awesome!

But I can't find the manual (Pdf, where's?)

The other question is how to change output file when recording from HDMI (default is .ts)?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. spring

spring Guest

3. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Are "How to root you Zidoo TV box" instructions also good for the x9S?

Anmabo7 likes this.
  4. zago84

zago84 New Member

Thanks for the answer but maybe I expressed myself badly, I wondering how to change the file type and not the path (eg. I would like an ".avi" file and not a ".ts")

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

You need making the conversion by your PC.

6. zago84

zago84 New Member

as I suspected. I hope you implement this possibility in a new firmware, where can I report it?

7. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Just here.
    I think ts is a enough popular video format.
    Doesn't your videoplayer of some device can play TS?

Martyprod likes this.
  8. zago84

zago84 New Member

Yes, i think for convenience a way of choosing instead of only one way. If you implement it, I would appreciate it too much.
    Thanks a lot

9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

To strike a blow for Zidoo developer, TS is a format light for the device to save, and easy convertible.
    Instead doing a realtime conversion in other video format maybe heavy (and X9S shoud do other things transparently while recording).
    I agree, if Zidoo will be able to add some other common video format for output files will be better!
    Indeed, TS (Transport Stream) is the format choosen by almost all DVB decoder (even pendrive size) to save received programs, because is close to the stream they receive.

10. Guy Goyette

Guy Goyette New Member

Hello, I think you have only 2 choice when you click on output file square where it shows TS by default when you click on it you can only choose between TS or MP4 as output type files for recordings but for me, i when back to firmware 1.3.0 to be able to record without the HDCP restriction on newer firmware. What surprise me btw is that I thought I had to put the HDMI IN HACK to get HDMI IN to see my IPTV box but with version 1.3.0 I didn't have to, I'm almost tempted to update my X10 but if the HDMI in input doesn't work after that, I'll have to restore again to image 1.30 and lost any data that I just add to it. For now, I'm doing some recordings to see how much file space those TS files gets when let's say I record a 2-hour movie in that format...

11. failax

failax Member

What about noise in hdmi in recordings?

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

this topic was over 1 year and a half old...

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Close (lock) it... ;)

14. Guy Goyette

Guy Goyette New Member

Sorry, i saw the date the post was dated after I submitted my reply...:(