PC App.

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by GeoffP, Jun 11, 2023.

1. GeoffP

GeoffP New Member

Hi Guys.
    Will there or is there already a app for pc use?
    I've come from using a bluesound Node which had a app I could bring up on my pc screen. Would be good to have something similar.
    Thanks.

Farscape likes this.
  2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

May not be relevant but I read someone using the app on the phone, then cast his phone to a TV.

GeoffP likes this.
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I use my Tablet on my knee/arm chair - have Zidoo app on it as well as my Yamaha app, so everything is in the one place - need larger icons etc these days :)

GeoffP likes this.
  4. Riley

Riley Member

Yes, you can cast or "airplay mirror" to your tv from your phone or tablet if the tv allows, I've tried it and it's ok but a bit laggy and graphics don't really translate at a very high resolution for a bigger screen, but I think the op is asking about a dedicated Eversolo app to control from his computer which could be nice.

5. ammar11

Yep, I know what he’s asking just suggesting a workaround.

6. Riley

Riley Member

Yes, but doesn't really accomplish anything as you are still having to look at your phone to push buttons and navigate menus. The only real value of mirroring to your tv is the ability to see album art.

7. ammar11

Oh man. Relax. Alternative. Use it, or don’t. Not putting a gun to your head.

8. Mozart

Mozart New Member

Certainly a PC app would make curating playlists and managing settings much easier. Has anyone tried any of the Android emulators (eg Bluestacks) which allow you to run Android apps on your PC?

atomic garden and Nils like this.
  9. Nils

Nils New Member

A PC app would really be nice. :)

10. I wanted the same - a PC app. Although not a PC app per se, there is another work-around for the EverSolo. It's the same I did previously for my Cambridge CXNv2.

First you'll need to install bluestacks x and bluestacks app player (or something similar like gameloop). I believe you'll need both bluestack programs.

Then from within bluestacks, I downloaded the EverSolo control app from Google Play.

I couldn't scan the EverSolo QR code from my PC into the control app. The work-around is to enter the EverSolo's IP address.

With bluestacks, you may have to enable some Windows options. Similarly, once the EverSolo app is downloaded and the shortcut is on your desktop, you should set it up to "run as an administrator" for all users...

I've not tested any of the bluestacks alternatives.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
    AYKUT likes this.
  11. Mozart

Mozart New Member

The only issue with Bluestacks I think is the potential for malware etc. Not sure how 'safe' it is?

12. It seems pretty safe from what I've read as long as it's downloaded from the official site (no different from any other program IMO) and one watches what they install. I also just learned Windows 11 has an Android emulator...may have to check that out as well.

13. tom lowry

tom lowry New Member

i have the app on windows 11 built in emulator. opens up fine. just waiting for my a6 to arrive to test.