Output DTShdma by Spdif ?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Eric Lee, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Eric Lee

Eric Lee New Member

I have a old flagship amp which does not support 4k and HDR, therefore, i would like to connect the x9s through hdmi directly to see the 4k file and connect to amp by spdif for sound.

I would like to ask is the spdif of x9s can bitstream the dtshdma or dolby truehd to amp? I am not planning to listen atmos or dtsx!

Thankyou

2. looun

looun Member

NO, spdif not support HD audio.

3. Eric Lee

Eric Lee New Member

Is your company planning to develop any player with two hdmi output? One for video and one for audio?
    Thankyou

4. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Why? Nearly all new tv have ARC build in.

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Doesn't ARC output from an HDCP 2.2 input still need a HDCP 2.2 reciever?

6. Sarco

All HDMI input on my Vizio P55-C1 are in HDCP 2.2 but I use optical out from tv to home theater so I don't know HDMI handshake with receiver. The only device using HDMI 2 is my zidoo all other component use 1.4 and I do not have problem with sound. Sorry I can help you with that issue.

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

It isn't me that needs the help, you suggested to the OP to use ARC with his HDCP2.0 receiver.
    I just suggested it may not work.
    Although there is no point in the latter of this conversation because he wants to listen in TrueHD or DTS-HD MA which ARC can't do either.

8. Sarco

My tv support dd hd and dts hd with ARC and optical, very few receiver on the other end are ARC compatible HD