OpenWrt software in a Media Player??

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by videobruce, Dec 29, 2018.

1. videobruce

videobruce Member

I took a closer look at this software function that is inside a Zidoo X10. I noticed it was there , but I never paid any attention to it, puzzled why it was there since this isn't a 'router'. :confused:

Questions;
    1. Is this a Kodi function/feature or something that is in the devices F/W?
    2. This isn't a Router, why is it there? I have a Router (naturally), and it's running dd-wrt (I have used OpenWrt in the past)
    3. What function/purpose does this have? Route what to go where?
    4. When I access this inside of the device, the GUI is very limited as to the number of settings available. BUT, when I access from my PC (desktop), the full interface is available. Why?

2. videobruce

videobruce Member

Anyone?

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member Beta test group Contributor

1) kodi is just a program that play's video. like a VLC that has a library, nothing to do with zidoo. the box OS. or the openwrt. Openwer is installed as second OS that boots at start with the android.
    2) is not for routing, is for sharing your media
    3) see 2
    4) all the settings that are intended are there ( samba share, FTP, downloading with aria2, torrenting, DLNA )

Other than mount settings and the NAS tab, you don't need to mess with anything

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    videobruce likes this.
  4. videobruce

videobruce Member

Thank you for the reply, it clears up most of that. The main reason for the question was I had a problem accessing this Media Player, but I found it was at the PC end.
    Then OpenWrt is part of Zidoo's F/W, correct? I never made a connection between that and media sharing. :oops:

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member Beta test group Contributor

yah. it's integrated in zidoo's box firmware. you can use it like a mini NAS,
    i have a 4TB hdd shared through samba, all my movies are accessed from another box in another room and from my PC