Openwrt Network Tab

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by flyingpeter, Feb 23, 2017.

1. flyingpeter

flyingpeter New Member

Hey guys!

I've bought my X9S. Can someone tell me why Openwrt doesnt have the network dropdown menu?

And how can i configure the hotspot to work in 5 and 2.1 ghz? no menus for that in android... the options i see there are at a light grey that i cant change. How can i control the dhcp table of the hotpsot.. for example to change the dcth clients range of ips?

Thanks in advance any help!

Pedro

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

x9s openwert is a striped version, you won't find all function in it.
    Never tested the android hotspot tho. Should work like a normal android. Using wired connection instead of mobile data. May test it today if i don't forget.

flyingpeter likes this.
  3. flyingpeter

flyingpeter New Member

Thanks for your reply! I will give you my example so you can understand my problem:

My router is 192.168.0.1 and works at the dhcp range 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.254.
    When i connect my zidoo box to my lan, it assumes 192.168.0.8.
    Using my x9s as a hotspot it assumes as a dhcp server the range 192.168.43.1 (openwrt) to 192.168.43.254 i guess.

it means i will have problems to access from a device connected to my zidoo to my lan.

any suggestions?

p.s.: maybe i am trying to push my zidoo box too far, i am trying to use it as a normal router. if i use other router to do this job i wont have problems. i just want to use all the potencial of it... :)

thanks in advance.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Yah. I see what you want to do. Android hotspot should work fine for sharing some internet over wi-fi. But accessing LAN over that wi-fi. Not sure if possible. Depends on what you want to access. Some can be accessed using the internet. But will not be ideal situation.

flyingpeter likes this.
  5. flyingpeter

flyingpeter New Member

i see. i guess i will use my normal router wifi.

and about the 2.1 and 5 ghz? what kind of control do we have in x9s? i found no options to control it... openwrt no network tab... so it has to be in android. in android all the options related to it are light grey...

thanks for your help @HaoSs

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

unless you have a wire connection i think the option is gray out. I'm not at home to see. you should be able to select 2.4 or 5 ghz hotspot

flyingpeter likes this.
  7. flyingpeter

flyingpeter New Member

i am wired right now. but 5ghz option doesnt apear.

dont understand whats wrong

Pelayo likes this.
  8. Pelayo

Pelayo Member Beta test group

I join the request. I also do not see the option of 5Ghz for hotpost mode is there any way to enable it?
    I would be very useful.

flyingpeter likes this.